Le Meridien Bangkok or Crowne Plaza Lumpini Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Meridien Bangkok or Crowne Plaza Lumpini Park

Any idea which is the better choice of the two?

With 3for2 promo at Le Meridien the price is almost the same between the 2.
    visit my blog

Le Meridien gets my vote. They treat you very well if you're a Plat. The breakfasts are fab, the pool is small but is very nice, and the amenities are just newer...

The Crowne Plaza was the old Pan Pacific and is actually not that near Lumpini Park. It is on the road that runs between Silom and Suriwong.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      Le Meridien gets my vote. They treat you very well if you're a Plat. The breakfasts are fab, the pool is small but is very nice, and the amenities are just newer...

The Crowne Plaza was the old Pan Pacific and is actually not that near Lumpini Park. It is on the road that runs between Silom and Suriwong.
      Guy Betsy, I am not plat member for starwood not even a member. I am Priority Club member though.

Perhaps I need to ask the question differently. I am incline toward Crowns as:
      - the rate include breakfast and free internet and guarantee 4pm checkout (which will be useful as my flight is 7pm)
      - I am a PC member just basic though and the point never expire

Processes Crowns is cheaper by b500 before ++

But as you mentioned Crowns building is old and their lobby is in 20ish floor. While Le Mer is new and looks like nice and modern design... Tuff decision
      visit my blog

Comment

I second Guy Betsy. On a stay at Le Meridien recently we were upgraded to a huge suite and enjoyed a leisurely late breakfast in the "reserved for Plats" area with continuous flow of complimentary sparkling wine.

Comment

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Lumpini Park before, the location is bad, and the interior looks very old IHO, service is just so-so.

Go for Le Meridien definitely!

Comment

feb01mel wow you made me feel that I made a wrong choice. I had decided to stay at Crowne because the package include breakfast, free internet and guarantee 4pm checkout. In addition, I can collect point on my Priority Club.

But your comment make me wonder if I made a wrong choice.... I was there 2 years ago visiting a friend who stayed in, then, Pan Pac. They were doing renovation, and seems the room not so bad if my memory serves me right
            visit my blog

Comment

Meridien Bangkok was renovated not long ago ... the Bangkok property is one of the templates for new contemporary Meridien look that they are going with in the future ... I prefer Meridien but its really a matter of personal taste

Comment

I prefer Plaza Athenee

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  Any idea which is the better choice of the two?

With 3for2 promo at Le Meridien the price is almost the same between the 2.
                  Any reason you have narrowed the choice down to just those two ?. There are a lot of great value Hotels in Bangkok.

I haven't stayed at the Crowne Plaza ( I could see the name lit up last weekend but couldn't work out where it was) but I have stayed in LM and it is undoubtedly a very nice hotel, just a shame they put it were they did, straight across the road from Patpong.

Originally posted by dttj0069 View Post
                  Meridien Bangkok was renovated not long ago ...
                  LM has not been renovated, it's only been open a couple of years.

Comment

LM Bangkok sounds like a clear winner hands down. It's definitely what I'd recommend my friends out of both choices.

In many ways, I still prefer it more than the SGS, sorry MAN Flyer - I get looked after there the same way you get looked after at the SGS...

Haven't been back to the LM for a long time now, though - the Westin's just too convenient being next to the 4P for stay credits...

Comment

The former Pan Pacific was renovated a few years ago! Certainly on par with the standards of the Dusit across the street (Silom) but certainly a more classic interior that the flash Le Meridien on Suriwong! I have not stayed since it became the CP! As others have pointed out there are so many great choices in Bangkok it is a tough choice. Crowne Plaza looks on to an expressway (although there is little noise) and le Meridien looks across to Patpong night bazaar !

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        In many ways, I still prefer it more than the SGS, sorry MAN Flyer - I get looked after there the same way you get looked after at the SGS...
                        Nothing to be sorry about, it's a very nice hotel which I liked myself when I stayed there. I got a huge suite as well. It's just in the wrong place, and with all the other options in Bangkok it doesn't figure in my consideration. Maybe I should give it another go.

I stayed in the ROS at the weekend for the first time in a while and it remimnded me why I like being on the river. I got a huge deluxe suite, the only downside of which was the antique decor that made the SGS look like a W.

Picking a Hotel in Bangkok is a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Picking a Hotel in Bangkok is a PITA.
                          But an enjoyable adventure nonetheless

Comment

Finally u checked into crowne lumpini yesterday. Not bad. I booked standard room but managed to get upgraded to deluxe room (not even superior:-P ). Room is huge. Seems to me like 60 sqm. bath room is huge. Seperate bath tube and shower area. Toilet has the water spray thing.

Breakfast is good. Free internet connection wired and wireless.

I think for 3300++ really can't complain.

The only thing I dislike you can't go to your room directly as you need to go to 23 floor as the lobby is there.

Taken few pictures using my new SE xperia arc, not sure how to attach it here
                            visit my blog

Comment

Oot - today there is sq recruitment on the hotel. So many beautiful Thai ladies here. Surrounding by them in the lift just now. Soon you will see some of them in the sq flight
                              visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                              X