Marinated crayfish and baby artichokes
    served with mixed salad and shaved fennel

Roasted herb crust lamb loin served with thyme sauce,
    roasted vegetables and gratinated potato
    Worst selection on my trip. Lamb was dry and tough

Light bite
    Wanton mee, eaten somewhere over England

Breakfast
    Fried rice with chinese pork sausage, shrimps and vegetables. Forgot to take a picture.
    As usual, served over the Bay of Bengal. So bumpy my coffee spilled. BTW I'm a Blue Mountain convert stargold!
    Last edited by 9V-SIA; 20 May 2009, 12:15 AM.

Comment

N_Architect, you have swine flu to thank!

I'm staying home this weekend...

Comment

Thanks for sharing, 9V-SIA.
        The all new business class A345 is still on my list to try.
        It looks pretty nice.

Would be nicer if they have 2-3 rows of F with 1-1-1 arrangement. But with this kind of economy, I can only dream...

Comment

Nicely done!
          The more pics and the fewer words, the better sometimes!
          Excellent style and flow.

BTW, regarding "raiding the larder" in SQ F - will they allow you to order anything off the menu (a la ANA) routinely? I thought one had to choose one of the (lousy) snacks selections such as instant noodles and crisps? Never tried to order anything else!

Comment

Great pics and a nice report, 9V-SIA Will we see any pictures of the J meals? Shame no redemptions on that flight, since it's always interested me to try out the 18 hour flight...

And I'm greatly honoured that I was the inspiration for you to try out the 747 F - hope it was everything you had hoped for, and more! If the amount of food you had on the flight is any indication, it appears you had the time of your life

PS. Don't you think the new F serviceware makes everything look so much nicer? Frankly I was never a fan of the old serviceware...

Comment

Thanks for sharing 9V-SIA! I dunno about anyone else, but I'm getting hungry just looking at all that food!

Comment

Hi, was the load in A345 as low as indicated by others here?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Thanks for sharing, 9V-SIA.
                  The all new business class A345 is still on my list to try.
                  It looks pretty nice.

Would be nicer if they have 2-3 rows of F with 1-1-1 arrangement. But with this kind of economy, I can only dream...
                  Asked them about introducing F cabin. No plans to.

SIN-NYC is a long flight and the best way to do the journey is on the red eyes. SIN-FRA-JFK and EWR-SIN.
                  That way, with the good quality sleep I got both ways, the journey seems much shorter.
                  I don't like waking up to land at FRA if I take JFK-FRA-SIN.

And I must take back what I said about the not so New Business Class seats.
                  While I find the lack of fully auto adjustment annoying, boy do I sleep better than on the SpaceBed.

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
                  Nicely done!
                  The more pics and the fewer words, the better sometimes!
                  Excellent style and flow.

BTW, regarding "raiding the larder" in SQ F - will they allow you to order anything off the menu (a la ANA) routinely? I thought one had to choose one of the (lousy) snacks selections such as instant noodles and crisps? Never tried to order anything else!
                  Thank you for your kind words. I woke up around 7am SIN time. F is F is F, as they say on this forum.
                  How do they know when I wake up? The cabin was dark. Are they standing behind me detecting movement?
                  The FA came to ask me what I wanted from the Light Bites menu.
                  In addition, she recommended the cod from dinner.
                  I followed her recommendation and didn't regret it.

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                  Great pics and a nice report, 9V-SIA Will we see any pictures of the J meals? Shame no redemptions on that flight, since it's always interested me to try out the 18 hour flight...

And I'm greatly honoured that I was the inspiration for you to try out the 747 F - hope it was everything you had hoped for, and more! If the amount of food you had on the flight is any indication, it appears you had the time of your life

PS. Don't you think the new F serviceware makes everything look so much nicer? Frankly I was never a fan of the old serviceware...
                  This was a solo flight so I flew what I wanted. But now, my trip in June to NYC
                  I decided to hang the expense and repeat the trip with my wife.
                  Sell one of my kids. The one who gets the poorest grades this June exams
                  The only thing I notice about the serviceware is the generously sized glasses for my water!
                  Everyones eyes look at different details, which is interesting to me
                  Last edited by 9V-SIA; 7 May 2009, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I'm gonna miss the 744 when it's gone - thanks for keeping the memories alive for now

Comment

The only thing I notice about the serviceware is the generously sized glasses for my water!
                      YES! That's what I totally love about the new F serivceware.
                      The old glasses were never able to quench my insatiable thirst for Perrier onboard after they seem to go dry just after 4 mouthfuls.

Now, it's the whole full-sized glass!

Comment

The J cabin look so empty, is SIA really making any money off of this all J-class product?

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                          Hi, was the load in A345 as low as indicated by others here?
                          60%...all at the front cabins.

So if you get the chance, choose the rear cabin.

And you get served before the others..

Comment

For completeness, thought I'd post the menus

SIN - FRA

Supper

Appetisers
                            Salad of recola lettuce with spanish iberico ham, shaved parmesan and aged baisamic dressing

Balik salmon fillet served with classic garnishes

Soups
                            Beef consomme with asparagus and white fungus

Main Courses
                            Baked fillet of cod with foie gras in superior light soy sauce, assorted vegetables and steamed rice

Braised ox cheek in burgundy wine with roasted vegetables and olive oil-mashed potato

Penne arrabiatta served with arugula and grilled chicken breast

Gaeng ped yang
                            Roast duck in red curry served with seasonal vegetables and pineapple fried rice

Cheeses
                            Selection of red cheddar, full cream cheese, saint albray and le vieux pane cheeses served with garnishes

Fruits
                            Fresh fruits in season

Finale
                            A selection of gourmet coffees & fine teas

Light bites

Noodles
                            Fish ball noodle soup
                            Noodles in broth served with fish balls and fish cakes

Prawn noodle soup
                            Noodles in broth served with prawn and fish cake

Vegetable and non vegetarian instant noodles

Sandwiches
                            Chicken satay and lettuce sandwich

Beef pastrami and gherkin sandwich

Roasted capsicum and santa lucia mozzarella sandwich
                            Snacks
                            Cashew, almond or macadamia nuts

Toblerone chocolate

Famous Amos chip cookies

Lay's potato chips

Assorted walkers biscuit

A selection from the fruit basket

Assorted cheeses with garnishes

Before touch down

To start with
                            A choice of apple, tomato or freshly squeezed orange juice

Fruits
                            Fresh fruit plate

Starters
                            Choice of cereal or yogurt
                            Cornflakes or granola with fresh white cheese-berry compote
                            Plain or fruit yogurt

Entrees
                            Wanton mee
                            Egg noodles in rich pork broth garnished with shrimpdumplings and leafy greens

Singapore nasi lemak
                            Malay style coconut rice with spicy prawns, peanuts, ikan bilis, grilled fish cake, egg omelette and fried chicken
                            A local favourite served with sambal chilli

Fluffy hotcake served with mixed berries, cottage cheese and maple syrup

Fresh eggs prepared with on-board (baked, boiled or scrambled)
                            With your choice of ham steak, chicked sausage, vine ripened tomato and mushroom

From the bakery
                            Assorted breakfast pastries and bread with butter, jam, marmalade or honey

Finale
                            Last edited by 9V-SIA; 22 July 2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

FRA-JFK

Breakfast

To start with

Fruits
                              Fresh fruit plate

Starters
                              Choice of cereals or yogurt
                              Cornflakes with milk or Birchermuesli
                              Plain or fruit yogurt

Wholesome beginnings
                              Kao tom
                              Thai style rice porridge with poached chicken and chicken meatball, fried garlic and pickled vegetable

Braised egg noodles with prawns, scallops and leafy greens

Eggs Benedict
                              Poached egg with hollandaise sauce, toasted muffin, bacon, sauteed spinach and roasted tomato

Fresh eggs prepared onboard (baked, boiled or scrambled)
                              Served with a choice of bacon or chicken sausage, tomato and mushrooms

From the bakery
                              Assorted breakfast pastries and bread with butter, jam, marmalade or honey

Finale

Light meal

Appetiser
                              Marinated lobster with tomato couscous and balsamic reduction dressing

Main Courses
                              Seared beef fillet with port wine sauce, morel mushrooms in spicy cream

Gaeng Chu Chee Pia
                              Halibut fillet in red curry and coconut milk served with vegetables and steamed rice

Fettuccine with creamy assprted mushroom ragout, arugula lettuce and grilled cajun spiced chicken

Dessert
                              Soft centre warm chocolate cake with orange garnache, vanilla sauce

Finale
                              Last edited by 9V-SIA; 22 July 2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

EWR - SIN

Supper menu

Starter
                                Marinated crayfish and baby articokes served with mixed salad and shaved fennel
                                Choice of tomato salsa or herb vinaigrette

Main
                                Seared beef fillet in cabernet butter, baby carrot, sauteed fingerling potato with onion, crispy pork and sage

Braised black cod in roasted garlic sauce served with seasonal vegetables and steamed rice

Roasted herb crust lamb loin served with thyme sauce, roasted vegetables and gratinated potato

Red curry chicken served with seasonal vegetables and pineapple fried rice

Dessert
                                Choice of ben & jerry's new york super fudge ice cream or tiramisu cake

Old chatham hudson valley camembert, tomme idyllicputney vermont and danish blue
                                Served with dried apricot, grapes, walnut and biscuit

Fruits in season

Gourmet coffees & selection of fine teas, with pralines

Nibble On
                                Wanton mee
                                Egg noodles in rich chicken broth garnished with shrimp dumplings and leafy green

Reuben
                                Rye sandwich and corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut with grilled vegetables

Selection of dim sum
                                Fried beancurd roll, baked char siew pastry, steamed pork siewmai, prawn hor kow and beef meatball

Griddled hotcake served with maple syrup, bacon, chicken-apple sausage and fresh strawberry

Breakfast

Fruits
                                Fresh fruit

Starters
                                Choice of cereals or yogurt

Entrees
                                Red snapper fillet in a tomato-basil sauce, candied emon, carrot, green beans and crabmeat cous-cous

Fried rice with chinese pork sausage , shrimps and vegetables

Stir fried beef with ginger and spring onion, selected vegetables and fried noodles

Jalapeno cheese omelette served with apple chickensausage, asparagus and home fries

From the bakery
                                Freshly baked breads served with butter and preserves

Gourmet coffees & selection of fine teas
                                Last edited by 9V-SIA; 22 July 2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X