Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMI - it's over. Thanks for the memories Pune/Donington/Keeley/Joanna!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we all knew the day would come for DC to close BUT until details are still not known what will the final outcome be.

I'm waiting for the 330 day window to arrive to basically empty my account...

Comment

10 bucks on VS joining *A after BD is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        I'm BD Gold and BAEC (Euro) Silver, considering a run for (Euro) Gold before the qualification thresholds change.
        If you're still thinking about a TP run, I noticed last night that RJ have slashed their fares, e.g. LHR-AMM-HKG r/t in J cost me US$2,830 in May this year but now it's only US$2,150! It's the same reduced price for LHR-AMM-KUL. 480 tier points for the round trip and as one BA GGL elsewhere wrote, RJ is for him the "best OW airline". I'm not sure I'd necessarily agree with the latter but I certainly enjoyed my flights in May.

Comment

BA don't allow Australian members, instead they refer them to Qantas. Just another factor in the equation for us Aussie's.
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

So is everyone jumping back to M&M for flight credit now?
            HUGE AL

Comment

post deleted
              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                I am sticking it out with BD until it is clear who will be the purchaser of BMI. My hunch is that Sir Richard won't let BMI go without a fight.
                that guy has a history of using marketing gimmicks to advance his virgin empire but not necessary to do acquisitions.

It will be interesting to see what BA does with BD as keeping BD will mean british airways may enjoy both OW and *benefits.

Comment

Interestingly, I got a survey from BD yesterday asking amongst other things where do I hope BD will fly to next....

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    So is everyone jumping back to M&M for flight credit now?
                    It all depends on Savage25

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Interestingly, I got a survey from BD yesterday asking amongst other things where do I hope BD will fly to next....
                      Yup. I got it the day the purchase was announced. hahahaha

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      It all depends on Savage25
                      Yeah...I'm just thinking there aren't a lot of *A programs out there that reward premium cabin fliers AND have access to SQ awards. Was wondering where everyone was gonna jump to...
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        If you're still thinking about a TP run, I noticed last night that RJ have slashed their fares, e.g. LHR-AMM-HKG r/t in J cost me US$2,830 in May this year but now it's only US$2,150! It's the same reduced price for LHR-AMM-KUL. 480 tier points for the round trip and as one BA GGL elsewhere wrote, RJ is for him the "best OW airline". I'm not sure I'd necessarily agree with the latter but I certainly enjoyed my flights in May.
                        Thanks jhm. Just need 360TPs after the current journey. worth considering, though the deal originates and ends on the wrong continent...

Comment

post deleted
                          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:09 AM.

Comment

If BMI got a pound for each time Virgin said something along similar lines, they would probably not have to be sold off

Comment

Well I'm stoping to credit to BD and will try to burn as needed, but I'm quite set with flights for the major trips next year already. Still trying to score two C seats on SQ DPS-SIN-XXX in Aug 2012, but SQ is not forthcoming with inventory on this route. What a surprise

Really hoping there will be a chance to have my miles go LH M&M, but am not holding my breath. BAEC is less interesting to me as I almost never fly OW and premium redemption availability on the SE Asia - Europe routes is bad I heard though with CX, AY and maybe one day MH in the picture it may improve over only considering BA & QF.

Comment

First and foremost, sorry to give everyone a heart attack by posting this post.

So, I just requalified for BD*G last night on what I sincerely hope isn't the last year of the awesomeness that this program is/was. Has anyone heard any more info about what's happening with BD/IAG - will it get tossed out due to anti-competitive musings?

Where will the SIN-based BD Elites flock to, I wonder? I'll need to adopt a new *G FFP and am just underwhelmed with the thought of being reamed by KF*G. And no A3*G either, thanks!! Anyone jumping to US?

Comment

Working...
                                X