Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK SIN to MELB in J

and it wasn't great.
    I won't go off on a long rant ( I saved that for the feedback email I sent) but basically..
    -Chauffeur service booking system didn't work, had to confirm one of the 4 trips four times.
    -Lounge in T1 at Changi poorly sign posted (due to renovation I think) but check in should have said where it is and as we were made 30minutes late by the chauffeur service a stressed wife and baby were even less happy wondering round trying to find it.
    -The lady that served us on the route from SIN to MELB clearly did not want to be working and did not smile once and was actually quite rude, which is a shame as I saw other crew on the plane where OK.
    -Seats a bit cramped when compared to say Qatar J product and far too hot with the mattress on (might be just be myself and wife but by that point anything bad was annoying)

Its a shame as I was looking forward to my first EK flight, the only real high light was the staff in the lounges at Changi and Melbourne who were very helpful.

I've been flying with them a lot recently, and also take the view that many times, J is just another cabin for the EK cabin attendants. Everything is quite robotic, no addressing by name, overcrowded lounges (particularly bad in DXB, where I had to queue up for to use the toilet and to wash my hands after that)...

But nothing quite beats having the menu and a muffin flung at you by the flight attendant while you're slumbering by the window. I do mean, literally flung. I woke up when the muffin whacked my nose.

What concerns me the most though is the constantly late arrival of flights, so much so I always assume that an EK flight will be an hour late. Anything ahead of that is a bonus. Out of 16 flights with them this year, 12 were late, 10 by more than an hour.

Not impressed, but cheap as chips (relatively), and earn/burn is pretty good as an EKG.
    Last edited by kelvgoh; 8 April 2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Just got off an EK flight in Y. I have to agree that EK just doesn't quite have the same feel as SQ. Their hub airport and their set up just seem wholly geared to getting you in and out. It's often the lowest cost option, which sort of makes up for it, but I just want that little bit more...

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
        Not impressed, but cheap as chips (relatively), and earn/burn is pretty good as an EKG.
        Any successes on op-ups as EK G?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          I think they are quite good at op-ups as some friends of mine used to get then regularly and if not free then the email stating a Y to J would only cost 100 bucks or so and they were only silver.

It is actually a good ploy as if the light is overbooked in Y and they need to upgrade someone then why not get some cash for it.

The return leg was better from MELB to SIN but still not what I expect from a J class product from a big airline.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            No not really, then again I do go out of my way (relatively) to fly on the flights that are least likely to be full. Economy on EK's 777s are really a tight squeeze and can be really uncomfortable for flights of more than 7 hours. Upgrading is also a bit of a touch and go because J class has always been quite full on all the flights i've taken.

Comment

Working...
            X