No announcement yet.

Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really. I think I only had two drinks there as they were rented out for various functions during my stay. Again, it's the coolness factor.
    HUGE AL

Comment

• If any SQT'ers are going to find themselves in BKK over the next week or so, I'll be at the Sofitel on Silom Road from Friday.

As a side note, I received a letter from Reservations asking me for my "preferences", starting with my desired pillow type to dining and drinking habits, and if I'd like to book a conference room or I was allergic to any scents or food...

Having worked and stayed in my (mediocre) share of 5 star hotels in the Asia/Pacific region, I found this to be most interesting and a nice touch!

Comment

• Gunnar Smithsen, will be there on Monday the 9th, and free for a late drink on the 8th if you're available

I'll be at the SGS, so not too far away... (take note, MAN Flyer and HUGE AL)...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          On a somewhat related note, the SGS is currently available for THB 3200 for weekend nights in July & August.
          Thanks for the heads up! I just booked a night at the end of September for the same.

Comment

• jhm: Got time for a pad thai or tom yum in BKK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              jhm: Got time for a pad thai or tom yum in BKK?
              Actually, I just noticed (after booking the SGS) that I arrive BKK on Sun 26 Sep at 22:50 and depart the next morning at 10:15! And then I get to my destination, wander around without a hotel for 10 hours and then have to fly again!

In BKK, if I can get to my hotel (what's the best way at that time of night ?), have a pad thai/tom yum, get 4 hours sleep and make my flight, I will be happy!

Comment

• I'd suggest going straight for a pad thai by taxi (I got a great place that time of night, the best...) then going to the SGS, depending on how tired you are and how long a flight you're coming off - PM me?

Tom Yum tricky that time of night but not impossible...

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  arrive BKK on Sun 26 Sep at 22:50 and depart the next morning at 10:15!
                  There's plenty of activities in BKK that can keep you occupied between those hours .... if you're into that

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    There's plenty of activities in BKK that can keep you occupied between those hours .... if you're into that
                    So, so right...
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                      So, so right...
                      I've always thought of you as a salty sea captain.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        I've always thought of you as a salty sea captain.
                        A captain I was not, a sailor I was, but a twisted little boy I still am!!
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Tom Yum tricky that time of night but not impossible...
                          From what I've experienced in this trip alone, nothing is impossible in BKK!

And my mind has been kept far away from the gutter (before anyone gets any ideas )

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                            From what I've experienced in this trip alone, nothing is impossible in BKK!

And my mind has been kept far away from the gutter (before anyone gets any ideas )
                            For a moment there, I thought you were getting a new reputation.
                            Last edited by jjpb3; 5 August 2010, 02:47 AM.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• I'm pleased to verify that the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit does indeed have not one, but two, varieties of smoked salmon (one plain and one with some garlic, I think?)... only one tag saying 'smoked salmon'

Comment

• the 2 morning flights sin-bkk today were sold out on SQ, and i was on SQ978 and it was almost full. Bangkok is back?
                                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                                X