Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Semi-Pictorial TR) Ending an Absence from SQ and Spending a Long(ish) Weekend in SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    jjpb3, you're such an agitator!

Kindly refrain from posting personal attacks! Calling someone a reptile is NOT permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Kindly refrain from posting personal attacks! Calling someone a reptile is NOT permitted.
      Hahahahaha I see you are taking to your new police job very well. We all know we're in trouble when SQFG precipitates her comments with, "Kindly refrain from...."

I've heard through the grapevine that you are a blast to hang out with and look forward to that happening in the near future.

BTW, calling someone a reptile is probably construed as a compliment with the kids on this board.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

BTW, calling someone a reptile is probably construed as a compliment with the kids on this board.
        It'd be kinda cool to have a snout and rows of serrated teeth and live in a swamp. Then I'd never need to gargle or moisturise

Comment

Excellent TR thanks jjpb3! Makes me look forward to my return to SQ in the next few weeks

Comment

jjpb3, as usual a wonderful report. Not even a flight review article on those traveller magazines can beat the way you write. Simply an amazing writing.

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
              I know how you feel. Haven't flown SIA in a long time until just over 2 weeks ago. It realy was like being back home......Always a great way to fly
              OT; what does SIA stand for?
              Singapore international Airlines?
              zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                OT; what does SIA stand for?
                Singapore international Airlines?
                AFAIK, it's simply the three letter ICAO code for the airline.

I had a look at the history of SQ. What I was amused to find out is that it seems SQ is a descendant of an airline formed by a predecessor of BA (Malayan Airways Limited incorporated on 12 October 1937 as a joint initiative with, amongst others, Imperial Airways).

Comment

It'd be kinda cool to have a snout and rows of serrated teeth and live in a swamp. Then I'd never need to gargle or moisturise
                  But you couldn't fly through LHR during the winter
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Excellent TR, your descriptions are so vivid.

BTW, why did you decide to make it a non-pictorial TR ?
                    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Great TR, a joy to read.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                        BTW, why did you decide to make it a non-pictorial TR ?
                        I was too tired to take any pictures (I'm really serious: 'vegetative' would have been an overstating my mental acuity), and the planes were packed. I can just about stand being stared at in full business class or first class cabins; it's too unnerving to me when I'm hemmed in and flying in Y.

Actually I didn't tell the whole truth when I said there weren't any pictures. I took no pictures onboard, but I did take pictures of the KF Gold Lounge. Note, though, that (1) this was at the end of the weekend, when I had regained some of my energy; and (2) it wasn't crowded there.

Will post pics and my impressions when I get home and if I can get some caffeine in my bloodstream.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Great TR with liberal doses of humour. I enjoyed reading that very much.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            I was too tired to take any pictures (I'm really serious: 'vegetative' would have been an overstating my mental acuity), and the planes were packed. I can just about stand being stared at in full business class or first class cabins; it's too unnerving to me when I'm hemmed in and flying in Y.
                            Well, actually, your TR is even richer without pics, cos it has made you describe everything more vividly in words.

(Whereas pics just makes the rest of us lazy - we just post it, and type a couple of sentences, and call it a TR ! )
                            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

jjpb3, I can tell from your TR that you do really love your SQ experience! You are definitely a full-fledged SQTalker, unlike some of us here.

NOt all reptiles have snouts and serrated teeth!

Well, actually, your TR is even richer without pics, cos it has made you describe everything more vividly in words.
                              I agree with this observation. Non-pictorial TRs work for jjpb3 because he is an excellent writer. He is able to convey his passion and love (for SQ ) in a succinct style.

Most of us are not blessed with this ability and could potentially end up with a long-winded prose if we try writing a non-pic TR.

(Whereas pics just makes the rest of us lazy - we just post it, and type a couple of sentences, and call it a TR ! )
                              Which is still technically a TR - It is called a PICtorial TR. Written mostly by illiterates (such as yours truly ) and read by pre-school SQTalkers.
                              Last edited by phaleesy; 27 June 2008, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Only someone like jjpb3 can pull this off. The bears are only 11 months old, so they don't write very well.

Me? I'm drain bamaged so can't really help them out either

Comment

Working...
                                X