MLE - Leeli Lounge at Velana International Airport, Male, Maldives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLE - Leeli Lounge at Velana International Airport, Male, Maldives

I visited Leeli Lounge at MLE Velana International Airport on 14 July 2018 before boarding MI483 to SIN. The lounge is the contract lounge for MI and SQ Business class and KFG passengers. It is also accessible by *G pax travelling on SQ flight only (not on MI).

During check in, the agent will write a lounge invitation which has to be presented to the reception to access the lounge. The lounge is located after immigration and aviation security check, after the duty free shops and next to the food court. Interestingly the food court features the same eateries brands at the land-side before departure, eg. Burger King, Thai Express and The Coffee Club.

Next to the reception is a small room with massage about 4-5 massage chairs which I lounge in (sorry no photos). This room is quite private and quite near to the buffet area. Sadly the massage chairs were not working and the chairs could not even be reclined as the panel buttons were missing.

Food quality was average, enough to fill your stomach but wouldn't be considered any delicacy. Probably the food in the food court might have been better quality.

General buffet line, on Flickr

Hot food items, on Flickr

Drinks area, on Flickr

The lounge is actually quite huge with plenty of seating capacity. During the mid-day when I visited, the lounge was pretty empty. However, I have read that the lounge can get pretty packed during the late evening departure as that's when many airlines operating widebody aircraft schedule their flight to leave MLE.

General lounge area, on Flickr

Further into the lounge area, on Flickr

At the end of the lounge, you can peer out of the window blinds to view the tarmac. On my visit, I spotted the Silk Air A320 which would bring me back to Singapore as well as an old and dirty Bangkok Airways A319 heading to BKK.

Silk Air plane spotted from the window of Leeli Lounge, on Flickr

Bangkok Airways A319 spotted from the window of Leeli Lounge, on Flickr

It is very easy to access the boarding gates upon exiting the lounge, literally a few steps away one will find a stairs leading down to the boarding gates.
Working...
X