SQ PE worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
    In the case of the ULR I believe the bulk of profit is made from Business - whatever they can get from PEY is probably just gravy (and to get those business travellers with a Y/PE travel policy)
    I think they're also a bit nervous and hedging their bets so they don't end up with all J aircraft they can't fill if conditions get grim again.

Comment

Did SQ stop providing the tray table cloth for PEY catering?

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
        Did SQ stop providing the tray table cloth for PEY catering?
        Did they ever provide table cloth service for PEY?

I have a separate question on seating on the ULR PEY. Does anyone know if row 31 centre block has extra leg room by the aisle? I know it is a bassinet row, but I couldnt find any pictures anywhere for this row...

It would also seem the solo seats are no longer open for selection

Comment

Just did a trip last month to Vancouver on China Airlines PEY. Surprised for the Taipei to Vancouver and back flight was operated by their new A350 aircraft with just 7 across seating in a 2-3-2 configuration and the kegroom was stated at 39". Service was attentive and meals were different from the standard economy.
          Believed SQ should have make its PEY better with 7 across instead of its current 8 across and at least try to have a different meal setting than that of EY as fares on SQ PEY are not so attractive except to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
            Did they ever provide table cloth service for PEY?

I have a separate question on seating on the ULR PEY. Does anyone know if row 31 centre block has extra leg room by the aisle? I know it is a bassinet row, but I couldnt find any pictures anywhere for this row...

It would also seem the solo seats are no longer open for selection
            Think he's referring to the little cloth they put on the meal tray.

Comment

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
              Think he's referring to the little cloth they put on the meal tray.
              Apparently SQ does it on the A350ULR flights, but not on the rest of the PEY flights. Not sure of the rational for the difference in service delivery.
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

From 1st March 2020 SQ have started to allow selection of these Solo Seats in the ULR by all Premium Economy passengers, for an additional fee of US$140 per sector (US$20 more than it is charging for the four Extra Legroom seats at the front of the Premium Economy cabin).

Comment

I am planning a personal trip next summer LAX-SIN and was looking at my old favorites SQ36 & 37 in PEY, but the prices are crazy for an 18 inch seat with a 38 inch pitch. S$ 2,950!

Discounted Y is S$ 1,017. But Y is not for me at 1.88M and 100Kg. If they don't have a flash sale or a companion ticket deal I will go for JL. Their PEY has a 19" width on 42" pitch, leather with a leg and foot rest. Fare is only S$ 1,372. Food is not much more than seven courses served on a soap dish. I'll save my masticating for satay and other street food in Singapore.

Any know if SQ might have a BOGO (buy one, get one free) in J for my route coming up before June? Or should I just go to the rising sun desk?

Comment

Originally posted by Moviela View Post
                    I am planning a personal trip next summer LAX-SIN and was looking at my old favorites SQ36 & 37 in PEY, but the prices are crazy for an 18 inch seat with a 38 inch pitch. S$ 2,950!

Discounted Y is S$ 1,017. But Y is not for me at 1.88M and 100Kg. If they don't have a flash sale or a companion ticket deal I will go for JL. Their PEY has a 19" width on 42" pitch, leather with a leg and foot rest. Fare is only S$ 1,372. Food is not much more than seven courses served on a soap dish. I'll save my masticating for satay and other street food in Singapore.

Any know if SQ might have a BOGO (buy one, get one free) in J for my route coming up before June? Or should I just go to the rising sun desk?
                    I think it depends on how the entire COVID-19 situation pans out? Next june seems like a long way to go. Need to wait for this year to end first

Comment

Emirates just showed off their new PE in its new A380, and will progressively refit its planes with the new PE which looks pretty good. However for travel between SIN and Australia, Qantas PE is much better with better width and seems a little more legroom in its 787 and A380 as they are arranged in 2-3-2 layout with just 7 across. To Tokyo, JAL is better as its PE is also 2-3-2 layout which offers wider width. SIA and the new Emirates seats are tighter as they are layout in 2-4-2 which is 8 across.
                      Last edited by flyguy; 18 January 2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X