The Whipped Cream Waltz in VIE DO! [27-28 Sept 2008]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cawhite
    I was inclined to think it wasn't the FT MegaDo which is in SFO the same weekend, but rather something off-board. The gave that away.
    You know me so well!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      Now I'm intrigued...
      Oh... I think I get it now.

Still 100% committed to VIE.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Oh... I think I get it now.

you betcha still looking forward to seeing you all!
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I'm in VIE now ! Well, till tomorrow anyway...

Put me down as definitely possible. I am based in HAM these days so coming here is quite easy.

I've booked meself at Le Meridien from 26-29th Sep already !

Last edited by Guy Betsy; 26 March 2008, 02:33 AM.

Comment

So am I, especially with the hard work that Flo is putting in.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Looks like I will not be able to join this time. The party in San Francisco is more appealing at the moment.
            Shame the VIE DO is not as appealing as the SFO event (in SQ LPP's opinion) . A distinct lack of leather and chains in VIE? Tell me how I could be in two places at one time! I'd like to be in SFO with you too.

Comment

hey guys, i'm in.... arriving LH F from fra via lax:
              flight details
              sep 25
              depart Los Angeles 14:45
              arrive Frankfurt 10:25 +1 LH457
              depart Frankfurt 12:45
              arrive Vienna 14:05 LH3534

oct 5
              depart Vienna 06:35
              arrive Frankfurt 08:00 LH3543
              depart Frankfurt 11:40
              arrive Los Angeles 14:15 LH450

i'll be staying at the hotel bristol and hotel imperial in vienna.

i'll be leaving Vienna on the 29th and heading to Amsterdam for 3-4 days and then either london or zurich afterwards if anyone wants to join or meet up for a second do. the more the merrier.

also, i don't know what guest rules are in place at FRA LH F lounge, but if guests are permitted, i am more than happy to assist with guesting if you will be at the airport around the same time.
              Last edited by taipeiflyer; 27 March 2008, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                Shame the VIE DO is not as appealing as the SFO event (in SQ LPP's opinion) . A distinct lack of leather and chains in VIE? Tell me how I could be in two places at one time! I'd like to be in SFO with you too.
                I have no further comment. I am here being me whoever I am. But seems that some of us here feel that I should be more family oriented. Oh well ... I do not like to have a debate about family values. Life goes on. After all I am too old for this board.
                Cheers!

Comment

I have no further comment. I am here being me whoever I am. But seems that some of us here feel that I should be more family oriented. Oh well ... I do not like to have a debate about family values. Life goes on. After all I am too old for this board.
                  Cheers!
                  HUGE AL has always welcomed your non-innocence and believe others should as well. If I've said anything otherwise, it was just in fun and I sincerely apologize.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    hey guys, i'm in.... arriving LH F from fra via lax:
                    flight details
                    sep 25
                    depart Los Angeles 14:45
                    arrive Frankfurt 10:25 +1 LH457
                    depart Frankfurt 12:45
                    arrive Vienna 14:05 LH3534

oct 5
                    depart Vienna 06:35
                    arrive Frankfurt 08:00 LH3543
                    depart Frankfurt 11:40
                    arrive Los Angeles 14:15 LH450

i'll be staying at the hotel bristol and hotel imperial in vienna.

i'll be leaving Vienna on the 29th and heading to Amsterdam for 3-4 days and then either london or zurich afterwards if anyone wants to join or meet up for a second do. the more the merrier.

also, i don't know what guest rules are in place at FRA LH F lounge, but if guests are permitted, i am more than happy to assist with guesting if you will be at the airport around the same time.
                    For your outbound, after arriving from LAX, you clear immigration and you can head for First Class Terminal. Thus, you will be driven out to the plane. The guest rule for FCT is that the guest has to be in the same flight as yours (due to the car ride to the plane).
                    Another option is to go to First Class Lounge near gate A26 (Schengen side). Similar facilities like FCT but no car ride to the plane. The guest can be in any flight.

The same for your inbound. FCT guest would be somone who would fly in the same flight to LAX.

Comment

According to jhm's research the free mini bar at the LM Wien contains 4 bottles of Austrian beer.

I don't really drink beer (well, only in special circumstances) - so if anyone wants free beer I can host a party.

I wonder if it's refilled daily though.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                        hey guys, i'm in....
                        Hooray taipeiflyer.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

After all I am too old for this board.

[kidding mode ON]
                          Italians have the Colyseum, Britishers have Stonehenge. Cambodians have Angkor Wat..... SQTalkers have their SQ LPP...

We need you whatever your age could be !!!!

Maybe we could try to date you using C-14...
                          [kidding mode OFF]
                          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Apologies to SQ LPP

Cheers!

It seems I have unintentionally caused some distress to SQ LPP (and others? ) with my insensitive comments. My comments were made in jest and I have never implied in anyway that we should be more family oriented on SQT.

If anyone had looked at the history of my posts, I was never ever family oriented. In fact, I always had to watch what I say in case the mods here think I was getting too and dot dot dot.

I am commited to the VIE Do because I initiated it and cajoled Flo into organising it. It would be bad manners if I do not turn up. I have always wanted to go to Folsom and I know it would be good fun with the right company. And you know you are very good company, SQ LPP!

Old? How could anyone be old? I always like to think of myself as Peter Pan. So should you! Sorry, that was said in jest again.

My sincere apologies if you were offended somehow with my comments.

Comment

No need to apologize!
                              My apology to bring to the other direction.
                              Well back to the topic, have fun in Vienna!

Note: Opera cake. Is this cake originated from Vienna?

Comment

Note: Opera cake. Is this cake originated from Vienna?
                                My first thought was Italy but it is apparently France!
                                http://www.chowhound.com/topics/49892

Comment

Working...
                                X