Luggage Repair (Singapore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage Repair (Singapore)

After many months of excessive travelling, i notice that my samsonite trolley bag's roller wheels are worn out and very damaged.

i brought it down to the Samsonite retailer (Plaza Singapore) for repair and the charge was SGD150. It is a really high price to pay just to change two rollers. I was furious that they even contemplate such an exhorbitant price for a repair like this. Obviously i did not repair it there.

Does anyone know of a good thrid party repairer for luggage bag in Singapore? I would appreciate if you could share this info with me.

Many thanks

They've quoted me the same price too for repair of wheels or the trolley handle, which I think is exorbitant too. So I gave away my old one and bought a newer model.

Sorry, no idea where to get cheap repairs done - would like to know too.
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

You could try DNF Marketing & Services which is located at 26 Siglap Drive
      Tel:64485083
      I think they do all the luggage repairs for SQ

Comment

I am about to send my Samsonite spinner to Plaza when I searched and found this thread... what S$150??? think I better buy a new luggage bag instead...
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I would suggest we forget about going to Samsonite for future repairs. I repaired mine at DNF. It was a good price for a simple fix.

Comment

I have sent the sam to a well known repairer in Middle Rd, he has two other branches.... 4 wheels to be replaced at $80.00...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              4 wheels to be replaced at $80.00...

Comment

Got mine repaired at a shop in Marina Square level 2. Can't remember the name, think it's Planet traveller. $40 for a pair of wheels.

Comment

Send me 'Sammy' luggage to DNF Marketing & Services to have the wheel repair but left with a BAD experience.

1. Not cheap in my opinion. They quote same pricing (not original wheels) to what I will get from Orchard area

2. Owner (yes, he say so himself and only the boss can have this privilege) was discourteous. Raising
                  voice with tone as if, if you not happy, go elsewhere. Maybe he has business of SIA (if SOARBEYOND
                  say is true), I guess he does not need walk-in customer like myself.

3. Do not bother sending back your ‘Sammy’ or other brand back to original manufacturer for any repair in future if
                  there is a need. The repair method they used is 'destructive'...

In short, utterly disappointed with the service provided by this shop. I do not understand why business owner who providing services has such bad attitude. Hope others have pleasant experience not like me...
                  Last edited by Samso; 24 October 2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Samsonite repair

Problem with large sammy luggage is their wheels. I actually had one good experience at plaza singapura sammy shop where they take repair jobs but it depends on model and parts available. so best to take pic, show them first and find out if and how much. my first time was good. only sgd35 to repair 2 wheels and good job.

the next time, they said the can do, i brought it, and then they said no stock of wheels anymore. waste of time.

i am now checking dnf as suggested here and mirrco if they can do it. failing that, will just have to buy a new one.

Comment

samsonite repair

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                      I have sent the sam to a well known repairer in Middle Rd, he has two other branches.... 4 wheels to be replaced at $80.00...
                      Dear Kapitan, who/where is this middle road repairer? Name, address, tel. no? Tried mirrco; they're quoting me $100 for 2 wheels!

Still searching for DNF.

Comment

Originally posted by bbm View Post
                        Dear Kapitan, who/where is this middle road repairer? Name, address, tel. no? Tried mirrco; they're quoting me $100 for 2 wheels!

Still searching for DNF.
                        Know what, I googled and came up with this,

http://www.mirrco.com.sg/LuggageRepair.htm

Its mirrco....... Why are they charging you so much?

Comment

For those who like a concierge type service, there is Dynamic Ace. The focus though is luggage wheels and handles repair.

Comment

Working...
                          X