Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney gets a second airport

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-1...-ahead/5318378

Looks like a two-hour drive at least from the city!

Nah, that's not a 2-hour drive

An hour with normal traffic should do it..

Badgerbadgerbadger...

Comment

the advantage is no curfew interesting code SWZ

Comment

This is long overdue. Glad a government has FINALLY made a commitment!
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

It does look a fair distance, but I can't imagine there won't be an express rail link to the city.

Comment

Gosh. That looks like it's about 2/3rds of the way to WA..... :o

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              It does look a fair distance, but I can't imagine there won't be an express rail link to the city.
              It took them 30 years to finally agree to start building it, and you want to complicate it by asking for a rail link?!!

Comment

It's far from the CBD but there is a massive population that will use it in western Sydney. There is only a plan for a rail link but it wont happen with the initial opening of the airport. Lot's of new roads being built though.

Initially will be a single runway airport. Opening in mid 2020's
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                  It took them 30 years to finally agree to start building it, and you want to complicate it by asking for a rail link?!!

At least they've decided to do it, look at the farce we have in London after thirty years of kicking the can down the road.

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                  It's far from the CBD but there is a massive population that will use it in western Sydney. There is only a plan for a rail link but it wont happen with the initial opening of the airport. Lot's of new roads being built though.

Initially will be a single runway airport. Opening in mid 2020's
                  Nah, they're surely not going to build a new airport in one of the worlds major cities in this day and age and not build a rail link from the off, are they ?!. This is Australia, not Thailand......

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

At least they've decided to do it, look at the farce we have in London after thirty years of kicking the can down the road.

Nah, they're surely not going to build a new airport in one of the worlds major cities in this day and age and not build a rail link from the off, are they ?!. This is Australia, not Thailand......
                    jokes aside, I'm sure they will plan a rail-link in, even if it takes several years to finally see that come thru. Talks (on again, at least for now) of rails linking MEL and CBR to respective downtowns.

Comment

Working...
                    X