[KUL] Plaza Premium Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [KUL] Plaza Premium Lounge

This is not specific to SQ but for those of you who carry the Priority Pass, this lounge is available airside in KLIA's Satellite Terminal.

I had a 1 hr plus transit at KLIA and decided to check out this lounge. Here's a brief report:

Location: It is 1 floor up the escalator on your left once you reach the satellite terminal - quite prominent. Paid entry patrons are sent to the left while those on PP, Business and First class passengers are directed to the right - where I was sent.

The lounge area is decent sized but busy at 9pm+ when I arrived. There is a view of the planes. Apologies for the bad pic - I was using my daughter's camera which I was not familiar with.

There were 2 massage chairs, a PC and a Mac available.

The dining area is small but seems adequate.

Food from the buffet was not spectacular - a salad, soup, warm roast chicken and a pasta to select from. Sandwiches and curry puffs were also available, but nothing really enticing.

A coffee machine, self-pull draft beer and a solitary bottle of inexpensive red wine (merlot) were available alongside a few liquours decanted and labelled generically.

I thought of taking a shower but changed my mine after taking a look at the tired and not-too-well maintained facility.

Verdict: This is definitely not premium or luxury by any measure. At best it can be described as comfortable, adequate and a good respite in between flights. I'd certainly not check-in early to enjoy this place but for my one hour plus transit on economy flights... it's ok, I guess. A pity about that shower, though. I would have loved one.

I'm there almost every other week when i fly. Preferred over the TG or SQ lounge. But then again, that Plaza premium has a small smoking room which i do enjoy - the other's don't.

Makes the fee I pay on the Citibank Platinum worthwhile.

Comment

Might be worth noting KLM uses this lounge as well.

On my last visit, I wanted to take a quick shower before my flight. Only cold water was available..

Comment

The location; basically this lounge...

... is located next to this lounge...

... and opposite this lounge.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        I agree with you. With only MYR 600 per annum for the Citibank Platinum, one can get access into this lounge. MH's Enrich Silver Golden Lounge Privilege Program for example charges MYR 1,500 annually.

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post

I agree with you. With only MYR 600 per annum for the Citibank Platinum, one can get access into this lounge. MH's Enrich Silver Golden Lounge Privilege Program for example charges MYR 1,500 annually.
          UOB Platinum also has this privilege, with annual fee IDR 600,000 (around MYR 200) per annum, we have access into this lounge (and other Plaza Premium Lounges at SIN and HKG)

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
            Paid entry patrons are sent to the left while those on PP, Business and First class passengers are directed to the right - where I was sent.
            Is there a difference between Left and Right side of the lounge? As in food/drink/seating

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Is there a difference between Left and Right side of the lounge? As in food/drink/seating

The left side is closed when it is less crowded, but they'll let you go to the smoking room which is there, if you so choose. No real difference, although the right side is bigger and a bit more crowded usually.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                Location: It is 1 floor up the escalator on your left once you reach the satellite terminal - quite prominent. Paid entry patrons are sent to the left while those on PP, Business and First class passengers are directed to the right - where I was sent.
                Oddly enough, they did enforce this up to two weekends ago and last weekend where they didn't mind which side I walked into.

I prefer the right side, much more spacious on Sunday nights... and yes, the showers are shameful and pathetically maintained.

Comment

I'm there almost every other week when i fly. Preferred over the TG or SQ lounge. But then again, that Plaza premium has a small smoking room which i do enjoy - the other's don't.

Sorry to dig up this thread but I have a few questions. Are there any charges for entering using my citibank platinum card? IIRC, I didn't pay anything, to the lounge nor to the bank.

Also, is it true that to guest someone in, you need to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    Sorry to dig up this thread but I have a few questions. Are there any charges for entering using my citibank platinum card? IIRC, I didn't pay anything, to the lounge nor to the bank.

Also, is it true that to guest someone in, you need to pay?
                    It's free for yourself if you have either a citibank premier miles or a citibank platinum issued in MY. The process is slightly different - with the Plat card, they just write your name in a book. With the Premier Miles they manual swipe (but there's no charge). I've heard they're removing the benefit for Platinum (don't know how far it's true).

Guests cost extra.

Comment

It's free for yourself if you have either a citibank premier miles or a citibank platinum issued in MY. The process is slightly different - with the Plat card, they just write your name in a book. With the Premier Miles they manual swipe (but there's no charge). I've heard they're removing the benefit for Platinum (don't know how far it's true).

Guests cost extra.
                      Thanks for the info Hope they don't remove the benefit for citi platinum members, better than the SKL or TG ones IMO

Comment

Just a quick update:

Seating area - beige seems to be the colour of choice here.

Fresh juices and coffee can be ordered from the bar

Not a wide selection of booze, but enough to keep most of members here happy for half an hour or so (I think )

Note: Guests entering using credit cards are not eligible for any alcohol from the bar, unlike Priority Pass and airline-invited guests.

There's also a nice selection of cupcakes.

A nice feature of the lounge - showers, located next to the restrooms. Didn't take a look inside (they were all occupied at the time), but there were four of them.

A total of eight workstations can be found - four near the entrance, the other four are located near the following picture

Not sure what this room is, but it certainly wasn't the place to light up.

View from the rear

The hot food selection (breakfast):
                        Fried rice, scrambled eggs, baked potatoes, baked beans, pumpkin congee and made-to-order noodles.

The place was rather empty at 10:30am, but it gets ridiculously full in the late evenings with the European flights departing around midnight. The fact that KLM contracts this lounge for their JCL and Gold passengers doesn't help either.

The food runs out at that hour, and the staff are overworked. It's a far better place to hang around at other times of the day. Oh, and it's open 24 hours, so it's possible to overnight there (though I'm not too sure about their package rules).

It's my second favorite lounge in the Satellite terminal, but I've only stepped into the MH, TG and SQ lounges before so I can't comment on how it fares against the others (EK, CX, CI).

Comment

Looks better and classier than before the renovation.

Comment

Don't like the renovation my little smoking room is gone

Comment

Working...
                            X