No announcement yet.

BA Tier Points Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with jjpb3 and AJLondon - CGK needs those missing TPs by April and not June.

I've mentioned it before but without any immigration hassle, how about a day trip LGW-JER(Jersey - not anywhere else!)-LGW for 80 TPs and about £200-250 in CE ?

Or there's this interesting possibility by Guy Betsy - JAL from 1 April SIN-KUL-SIN for 80 TPs - £162 plus an overnight in KUL.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...37&postcount=3
    Last edited by jhm; 11 March 2007, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Or there's this interesting possibility by Guy Betsy - JAL from 1 April SIN-KUL-SIN for 80 TPs - £162 plus an overnight in KUL.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...37&postcount=3
      The timing of JL722 and 721 ex KUL/SIN work very well for me too

On a through C fare, i get C, instead of Y if i flew MH or SQ - this ones a no brainer for me nowadays - i've got a few JL's lined up on this route. BA*S here i come!
      Last edited by SQflyergirl; 11 March 2007, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        AA in Y in domestic US?
        Get an AA YUP fare. It's the same as the full coach fare but you are ticketed in A, and sit in the F cabin. On AA.com, select the 'first/premium with restrictions' option. Only a fraction more than the restrictive coach fare.

60TP each way for SFO-LAX in first.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 11 March 2007, 01:18 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          The timing of JL722 and 721 ex KUL/SIN work very well for me too
          I notice that the post by Guy Betsy I linked to above has been updated to say that the timings of JL722/721 are such that you can do a SIN-KUL turnaround only on Sat or Sun - leave SIN at 7:50pm and back at 10:45pm.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Get an AA YUP fare. It's the same as the full coach fare but you are ticketed in A, and sit in the F cabin. On AA.com, select the 'first/premium with restrictions' option. Only a fraction more than the restrictive coach fare.

60TP each way for SFO-LAX in first.
            And you can search for YUP fares here:
            http://www.farecompare.com/search/yupfares.html

Comment

I need 65 TP for my Silver. So doing one way SFO-LAX will not work on YUP fares. I took CX in J. Will get 30 TP. So now I need another 35 TP. May be will do BKK-SIN in F for 40 TP???

Comment

I need 65 TP for my Silver. So doing one way SFO-LAX will not work on YUP fares. I took CX in J. Will get 30 TP. So now I need another 35 TP. May be will do BKK-SIN in F for 40 TP???
                CX J will give you 40 TP (if under 2,000 miles) and 120 TP (if over 2,000 miles). Similarly in F, it's 60 TP (if under 2,000 miles) and 180 TP (if over 2,000 miles).
                Last edited by jhm; 20 March 2007, 08:23 AM.

Comment

- JAL from 1 April SIN-KUL-SIN for 80 TPs - £162 plus an overnight in KUL.
                  Would love to do this April 1. But can't do a turn-around that evining. Will miss my flight from SIN to NRT. But may be I will do a BKK-SIN CX again to get 40 TP.

Comment

Would love to do this April 1. But can't do a turn-around that evining. Will miss my flight from SIN to NRT. But may be I will do a BKK-SIN CX again to get 40 TP.
                    You can also opt to do AY to SIN from BKK that day (Sunday)...

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                      You can also opt to do AY to SIN from BKK that day (Sunday)...
                      Yes, indeed. That's another option.

Comment

CX J will give you 40 TP (if under 2,000 miles) and 120 TP (if over 2,000 miles). Similarly in F, it's 60 TP (if under 2,000 miles) and 180 TP (if over 2,000 miles).
                        suggestion:
                        HKG-SIN is not interesting..... on the contrary HKG_JKT is above 2K miles..... so for indonesian people, it should be fine
                        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Officially, now I need only 25 TP to reach Silver. I guess to do BKK-SIN in F would be a loss. Any suggestion to get 25? Just take another C? Still can not justify myself to take AA domestic.

Comment

Officially, now I need only 25 TP to reach Silver. I guess to do BKK-SIN in F would be a loss. Any suggestion to get 25? Just take another C? Still can not justify myself to take AA domestic.
                            Well, you can only get TPs ending in "5" with a WT+ flight so that's out. Your choice is two 20 TP flights (qualifying Y) or one 40 TP flight (another C) - probably another shorthaul C would be best.

Comment

After SQ ruined my schedule for the delay arriving in SIngapore last Friday, I was able to take AY C BKK-SIN instead of CX BKK-SIN. Now, I am anxious waiting for the credit of BA TP. I want my BA SIlver.

Note: AY C was much better than TG. I mean the FAs did not have attitude. Meals was decent. And seats are similar to LH new C. The only drawback is the use of Lois Tavern business lounge at BKK.

Comment

The only drawback is the use of Lois Tavern business lounge at BKK.
                                Your AY BP allows you entry into the CX and QF/BA lounges. They're much nicer lounges. Both these lounges are just around the corner from the fish bowl lounge. Unless you're talking about a Louis Tavern lounge in another concourse that I'm unaware of.

Glad your quest for BA Silver is still on track.
                                Last edited by KeithMEL; 8 April 2007, 12:20 PM.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X