SQ Post Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaywell View Post

In terms of the fleet, some A359ULRs might get reconfigured to the standard A359 to free up cargo space .
    Thr A350-900ULR isn't fitted with extra fuel tanks.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    SQ had hedged its aviation fuel at a high USD72 in Feb/Mar for most of this year, as fuel price have dropped to less than half since april till now.
    I doubt fuel will remain low when flight start to operate again. The low price is just temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      The front cargo hold is deactivated so they'll need to fit that.
      an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post

I doubt fuel will remain low when flight start to operate again. The low price is just temporary.
        Fuel hedging is different from future current prices, as SQ have hedged its fuel prices at $72 for this year, wgereas it other airlines have started to hedged its future fuel price at current prices which is less than half of what SQ hedges, it would meant that they are able to run on the lower fuel prices for the next 6 to 12 months depending on their hedging policy.

Comment

I work in the aviation industry and we are expecting full recovery at the earliest in 18 months (i.e end 2021). This is in line with Changi closing their T2 till end 2021.

The industry outlook is bleak. If not for govt support, it will be worrying for survival.

The other thing to lookout for, it will be more airlines going bankrupt the longer this persist. This will give SQ more opportunities. In Korea, Asiana looks like it won't survive. In Australia, QF will become more conservative. In China, remains to be seen how many of the fringe airlines survive.

Comment

What about regionally? MH might be done for, but that's the only case I can think of.
            an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
              In terms of the fleet, some A359ULRs might get reconfigured to the standard A359 to free up cargo space and increase seating.
              I dont see that. SQ may need ULRs on US routes if the restrictions on certain transit points (i.e. Europe to US) are not getting lifted.

Comment

I wonder travel post Wuhan Pneumonia will mean that we will need to do testing before we fly.

That might mean we might need to go to a designated Polyclinic to get a test for Wuhan Pneumonia and ensure it is negative before it is permitted to fly, and you might need a medical certificate that you are proven to be free from Wuhan Pneumonia before you are able to board and enter into another country.

Also initially we might see travel bubbles which means we will only able to go to countries where it is free from Wuhan Pneumonia in the short to medium future.

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                  What about regionally? MH might be done for, but that's the only case I can think of.
                  MH is a very different story as the Malaysian government has been pumping in billions to survive even long before covid19 appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                    I wonder travel post Wuhan Pneumonia will mean that we will need to do testing before we fly.

That might mean we might need to go to a designated Polyclinic to get a test for Wuhan Pneumonia and ensure it is negative before it is permitted to fly, and you might need a medical certificate that you are proven to be free from Wuhan Pneumonia before you are able to board and enter into another country.

Also initially we might see travel bubbles which means we will only able to go to countries where it is free from Wuhan Pneumonia in the short to medium future.
                    believe the word is Covid19.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                      I dont see that. SQ may need ULRs on US routes if the restrictions on certain transit points (i.e. Europe to US) are not getting lifted.
                      It;s very unlikely that the 7 ULRs will be fully utilised for another 2 years at least and the limited seating configuration doesnt not allow the ULRs to be operated profitably on any other normal A350 routes.

Comment

Is there a reason why you are using "Wuhan Pneumonia" instead of COVID-19?

Comment

Some thoughts from EK's Tim Clark on where the airline industry may become.

https://www.thenational.ae/business/...stry-1.1015208

Briefly, he thinks:
                          Airlines will be reduced 20-30%
                          A380/B747 are gone, future with A350/B787
                          Without government bailout, 85% of airlines might have been gone

Comment

Fuel hedging is different from future current prices, as SQ have hedged its fuel prices at $72 for this year, wgereas it other airlines have started to hedged its future fuel price at current prices which is less than half of what SQ hedges, it would meant that they are able to run on the lower fuel prices for the next 6 to 12 months depending on their hedging policy.
                            Exactly. SQ won't be loosing out too much though. They are not buying much fuel at the moment so there isn't a huge loss there. When flights do start to get back to normal it will be the same for many other airlines. The price will increase as the demand increases.

Comment

It;s very unlikely that the 7 ULRs will be fully utilised for another 2 years at least and the limited seating configuration doesnt not allow the ULRs to be operated profitably on any other normal A350 routes.
                              Makes me wonder whether they might just end up converting the current ULR flights back to 253-seater spec and order A350-1000s for the ULR flights.

Airbus may be able to offer them decent pricing, otherwise they'd have just set the work done for Qantas on fire.
                              an infrastructure geek

Comment

Did you just drink the orange man's Kool-Aid? Especially since you have been referring to it as the "coronavirus" previously. And strictly speaking, not everybody who gets the SARS-Cov-2 virus gets pneumonia.

Comment

Working...
                                X