[LHR T3] CX F Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LHR T3] CX F Lounge

Earlier this week, I visited the CX F Lounge in Heathrow T3 prior to catching a Finnair flight to Helsinki.

The lounge is accessible via elevator from the main airside departure area of T3.

The F section of the CX Lounge is warmly decorated in dark wood tones.

I loved the ambience of the lounge...it felt very intimate and stylish...

There are good airside views, including a good view of one of Heathrow’s runways, which was being used for take-offs at the time.

At the hour I was in the F lounge it was not busy, and had a very quiet, relaxed feel to it.

There is a self service bar with a wide range of soft and alcoholic beverages.

Two champagnes were available: Moet Chandon and Barons de Rothschild...

Some of the other beverages available...

Beer on tap and port as well...

Coffee/Tea and snacks were available on a separate counter.

Salads and desserts in jars in a refrigerator...

A variety of sandwiches...

Last edited by yflyer; 19 February 2017, 11:21 PM.

There is a separate sit-down dining area for F pax...

...with an a-la-carte menu.

I sampled the fish and chips first...

This arrived freshly cooked and steaming hot...

As the portion was not particularly large, I had space to try a couple of other dishes, including the Shanghainese Dan Dan Mien...

...which was very tasty, but the gravy was more a soup than a sauce, and the noodle portion was a little skimpy. Still space for more...

I was probably one of the few guests who had sufficiently thick skin to ask for a third main course, a bowl of wonton noodles, but this being the CX F lounge, my lounge host gave a broad smile and replied "Certainly..." and minutes later a bowl of steaming hot wonton mee appeared...

Yum. Again, not a very large bowl of noodles, but the wonton were quite substantial...thumbs up.

I would have ordered dessert, but boarding time was fast approaching.

I headed to the showers to check them out before leaving the lounge...

Very nice shower rooms, which I believed are shared with the J section of the lounge.

Finally, a peek into the large J section of the lounge, which I did not enter on this occasion.

Overall I was quite impressed with the facilities and catering of the CX F lounge. I thought this lounge compared quite favourably with BA's F Lounge in T5, though I don't know how it compares with BA's Concorde Room in T5, which I have never visited.

A lounge which I would love to visit again the next time I am in LHR T3.

Comment

Working...
    X