[ICN] Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ICN] Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

The CX Lounge in ICN is in the Satellite Terminal, not far from the SQ and Asiana Lounges in the same terminal.

In terms of layout, it occupies an area similar to the area the SQ Silver Kris Lounge occupies, but what is done with that space is quite different.

Lounge seating.

Sofas and seating, with airside views.

Low tables across from the F&B / buffet area.

Long communal table for dining.

This was the F&B spread available in the morning...

Roasted vegetables and rice balls...

Comment

Of all the food on offer, the steaming hot dim sum looked the most appetizing...

There was also a large pot of chicken vegetable congee...

Comment

While the Asian breakfast selection looked fairly appetizing, I was a little underwhelmed by the Western selections.

You had ham...

Cheese...

And eggs...

While I was there, I didn't notice anyone making themselves a DIY ham, cheese and egg sandwich...I would have expected something a little more upmarket in a lounge that is positioned as a combined F/J Lounge.

This was labelled as a combined First / Business Class Lounge, but I did not notice anything that elevated this lounge beyond what you would get in a typical J lounge. There wasn't a separate F section, as far as I could tell. Is there a hidden/secret entrance to another F section somewhere that I missed?
        Last edited by yflyer; 4 April 2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

There was also a work area, equipped with Macs.

Comment

Overall impressions?

I liked the decor, and the lounge had all the basics. Perfectly ok for a short break before catching a CX flight out of ICN, but not a particularly memorable lounge.

A standard J lounge then, nothing more, nothing less. The lounge options that CX provides in HKG are far more jawdropping...

Comment

Surprised to see you in the OZ lounges in the other thread if you're flying CX out of ICN! What'd you do to get past the lounge dragons?

Comment

Priority Pass can be quite helpful on occasion

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Surprised to see you in the OZ lounges in the other thread if you're flying CX out of ICN! What'd you do to get past the lounge dragons?
                  No Mission Impossible disguises or Jedi Mind Tricks required to get past the lounge dragons .

I actually made two trips to Seoul last month. The first trip was a vacation with Mrs yflyer on an SQ Krisflyer redemption. Got into the Asiana Lounge with my KF Gold (Star Gold).

The following week, I was back in Seoul on a business trip, this time on CX via HKG. Got into the CX lounges with Qantas Gold (Oneworld Sapphire).

Comment

Working...
                  X