No announcement yet.

Is Delta Skymiles program good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The award calendar is shite...almost always wrong. If you search by date, you'll find low awards available on dates the calendar shows is not available, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      The award calendar is shite...almost always wrong. If you search by date, you'll find low awards available on dates the calendar shows is not available, and vice versa.
      We keep trying to tell them...but the children aren't listening...
      HUGE AL

Comment

I called up Delta to check seat availibility on 4 airlines: Malaysia Airlines, China Airlines, Korean Air and Delta Airlines, only itinerary within Asia, from SIN to Japan, Korea, Taipei.

Basically, like the agent said you have to book 3 to 4 months away. I checked June 2011 flights and they are all OK.

China Airlines has a lot of black out dates and they are all long periods. 2011: 1/6 to 31/8, 9/12/2011 to 31/1/2012.....

Korean Air has black out dates every month for sometime: 10 to 20 May, 3 July to 16 July, 28 August to 10 Sept......

Malaysia Airlines is the BEST...but low seat available for Economy Class and lots of seats for Business Class. NO BLACKOUT DATES

Delta Airlines: please refer to online availibility calendar. generally, a few dates per month have saver awards. Not everyday have, even though book 3 to 4 months away.

Other airlines like Vietnam Airlines, China Southern China Eastern, I din bother to ask as I'm not interested to fly with them.....

Conclusion: It is quite save to put 40,000miles (or 32,000miles with 25% bonus till 28/2/2011) in Skymiles.

Comment

New award chart! Bad news!!

Skymiles has uploaded the award chart:

Travel out of Southeast Asia (quoted are 1 way, so need to x2 to get the round trip amount):

http://dmn.delta.com/skymiles/direct/charts/se_asia/

Delta Skymiles should have the basic courtesy to send an email to inform members to the change in the number of miles required for redemption and not for members to find out for themselves and get a RUDE shock!!

Only February 2011 was 20k for Economy Class and 40k for Business class, now in March 2011, the redemption level has jumped to the SAME as KrisFlyer, with A LOT of BLACK OUT DATES!!!!

The reservation staff says the new award chart applies on the date Delta announces their miles do not have an expiry date...
          Last edited by vsepr; 13 March 2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Hahahahahaha This has consistently been happening for the past 15+ years. Read the entire thread again. Don't say we didn't warn you!
            HUGE AL

Comment

I thought DL changed this back on the 20th of Feb? At least, I got a PM from someone saying not to change my KF miles if I hadn't already done so (I hadn't, fortunately - and with Japan in post-tsunami mode, glad I didn't)...

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                Skymiles has uploaded the award chart:

Travel out of Southeast Asia (quoted are 1 way, so need to x2 to get the round trip amount):

http://dmn.delta.com/skymiles/direct/charts/se_asia/

Delta Skymiles should have the basic courtesy to send an email to inform members to the change in the number of miles required for redemption and not for members to find out for themselves and get a RUDE shock!!

Only February 2011 was 20k for Economy Class and 40k for Business class, now in March 2011, the redemption level has jumped to the SAME as KrisFlyer, with A LOT of BLACK OUT DATES!!!!

The reservation staff says the new award chart applies on the date Delta announces their miles do not have an expiry date...
                Sad NW was swallowed by DL. WorkPerks is the best for going to Japan. Low mileage and now expire. Anyway I do not get any email from DL le
                visit my blog

Comment

Skymiles does not offer redemption on First Class on partner airlines. Only Business Class & Economy Class are available for redemption. Confirmed this information with a few Delta Customer service officers.
                  Last edited by vsepr; 20 March 2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I thought DL miles now never expire. But they have raised the SIN-NRT rates to 22,500 per round trip. (But who goes to NRT now)

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                      I thought DL miles now never expire. But they have raised the SIN-NRT rates to 22,500 per round trip. (But who goes to NRT now)
                      It's 45000miles round trip. The figures in the table are 1 way.

Comment

Working...
                      X