Here Comes the 'New' Firefly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
    No biggie. That's always the case whenever AK is having a sale.
    Yeah - anyway, gonna call it quits before I end up buying too many tickets.

Will try to wake up at about 4am later

Comment

I wanted to check out FY for an upcoming JHB-KUL but ended up booking AK as AK was the only airline with a noon departure and hence, the preferable schedule. MH and FY services were either early morning or late afternoon.

Shortly after purchasing the AK ticket, my flight was re-timed and turned into an early morning service.

Yep, conditions of carriage, standard industry practice etc etc. Doesn't make it any less annoying though. At least they gave me advance warning via email and SMS.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 9 November 2010, 03:34 AM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Are the ATR aircraft staying in the fleet?
        Do they still have 10 options for the ATR's?

Comment

Awright... set the alarm for 4.30 this morning and used the mobile site.

Result:

1) Mega eyebags
          2) Mega sleepiness on the drive to work this morning
          3) Much less money in the bank now. Net worth reduced by 95%

4) Have 17 tickets, 22 segments ticketed more today than I did yesterday :o
          Sites used:

Opodo.co.uk
          flybmi.com
          airasia.com
          fireflyz.com.my
          ba.com
          spanair.com
          klm.com

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Awright... set the alarm for 4.30 this morning and used the mobile site.

Result:

1) Mega eyebags
            2) Mega sleepiness on the drive to work this morning
            3) Much less money in the bank now. Net worth reduced by 95%

Sites used:

Opodo.co.uk
            flybmi.com
            airasia.com
            fireflyz.com.my
            ba.com
            spanair.com
            klm.com
            Woahh ... That's alot of segments !
            I guess the eyebags and sleepiness are made up for with the upcoming flights !

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              I wanted to check out FY for an upcoming JHB-KUL but ended up booking AK as AK was the only airline with a noon departure and hence, the preferable schedule. MH and FY services were either early morning or late afternoon.
              I was also thinking to do JHB-KUL. Any idea how much lead time you need to give your self from Singapore Checkpoint up to the airport? And what is the best way to go there?
              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post

Shortly after purchasing the AK ticket, my flight was re-timed and turned into an early morning service.
                Bugger! Might as well you purchase the FY flight in the first place.

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                Are the ATR aircraft staying in the fleet?
                Do they still have 10 options for the ATR's?
                Yes they do. The ATR operation will remain in SZB. In fact, they are taking 3 more ATRs in the next few months (the remaining from their previous order). The 10 option is still intact. MH may exercise the option for FY or MASwings.

Sites used:

Opodo.co.uk
                flybmi.com
                airasia.com
                fireflyz.com.my
                ba.com
                spanair.com
                klm.com
                Wowwy! That itself qualifies you to become a travel agency LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Plus I haven't been back to SZB since I left Malaysia for Ozzieland back in 1993. This'll bring back fond memories...
                  slight topic diversion...sorry!!

I was in SZB a year ago at the helm of a Cessna 174 behind one of those turboprop buggers...

(g/f took the photo from the back seat - I was far too busy concentrating to:

1. stay on the line during taxi
                  2. not ram into the FY in front of me
                  3. pay attention as MH was doing touch and go dives for training in a 737 and I had to take off in between all the madness!

and after the flight...nice and toasty after a hot day flying around PJ

blog

Comment

Lookin' good, buddy! I'm ready to fly HafAir anytime...

Comment

I say - you all make me gatal. Booked a "sorta" turnaround in BKI for RM18 all in for March 2011!
                      Could it be a coincidence? I also booked a BKI day trip in March . Keen to try out their 738s

Where are the 738s coming from? From MH?

This is the first LCC i've seen in KLIA using the 738, not a 320. Interesting...

Comment

Sites used:

Opodo.co.uk
                        flybmi.com
                        airasia.com
                        fireflyz.com.my
                        ba.com
                        spanair.com
                        klm.com
                        Did the bank call you up to ask what's up with your credit card? Even if I book ONE sector they call me to verify

Comment

The credit card company did call! I went - yes, I like to sit in aeroplanes.

Comment

May I ask what is your date of travel next march , SQFG?

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                              I was also thinking to do JHB-KUL. Any idea how much lead time you need to give your self from Singapore Checkpoint up to the airport? And what is the best way to go there?
                              If you factor in the Jam, you probably need 3.5 hours to be just comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                Lookin' good, buddy! I'm ready to fly HafAir anytime...
                                blog

Comment

Working...
                                X