SYD SKL : now open following refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYD SKL : now open following refurb

The Sydney SKL will be closed for renovations until November (at least). Passengers will be invited to use the Air New Zealand Koru Lounge instead, including those traveling in First/Suites.

Question: I will be traveling Suites next month. I have access to Amex Platinum card network of lounges. What is the best lounge to use and will any of them grant access to the first class section of their lounge?

Just seen the note about this on the website.

Not sure about AmEx Lounges but the NZ lounge is probably the best non-QF lounge there and certainly better than the SKL. I use it when flying SQ ex-SYD anyway.

Comment

Some pics for your reference.

They serve nice wine as well.

Comment

Tots agree about the old SKL, Man Flyer. The first class side was depressingly uninspiring! Thanks for the feedback.

And thanks for the pics j.lin - looks quite ok!

Comment

any news on the progress of re-opening? they said should be opened around November - are they on track?

Comment

I flew out of SYD 4 days ago and asked the chap working at the J counter when it'll re-open.

He mumbled the usual 'end of Nov' comment but from the way he said that, it felt more like a speculative comment rather than definite.

Comment

This is supposed to be the first of the 'new style' SKL's....maybe they have blacked out the windows to bring it in line with other lounges.

Comment

Was on SYD-SIN last evening, the lounge is still closed And the staff have no clue when it reopens. Even at the Suites desk they don't know.
                As a consequence, the NZ lounge was packed like Orchard road on a saturday !
                (and that was at 3:30pm peak hour for end of week flights, which does not help)

Comment

Wat I found a tad pleasing was Straits Times and ZaoBao in the NZ lounge on my past two flights last week and Sep, nice touch

Comment

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...sklupdate1.jsp

Mid-december

Comment

Originally posted by pungpui View Post
                      That's cutting it awfully close to Christmas...

Comment

Originally posted by pungpui View Post
                        Oh well, NZ lounge it is on Friday then. Shame as I was hoping to have a look as it's supposed to be this 'new' style SKL.

Comment

Shutter was up when I passed yesterday so I stuck my head in and I have to say the front part looks good, with a nice glass feature to the left o the entrance. The dragons desk is still in the same place and there was about six or eight large chairs in a front area to her right that I am not sure were there before. Looks almost ready.

Comment

According to FTer, now it is open.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...dney-open.html

Comment

Cross post from TOF, are the pictures of the new SYD SKL. Link here
                              I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Working...
                              X