Hyatt Promises 'Random Acts of Generosity'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyatt Promises 'Random Acts of Generosity'

So HUGE AL, as our in-house Hyatt expert and regular resident, any random acts of generosity to report??

Hyatt Promises 'Random Acts of Generosity'

Hyatt has a surprise for you! Actually, Hyatt has a surprise for Hyatt Gold Passport members. Maybe not for you.

Over on his USA Today Hotel Check-In guest blog, Hyatt's CEO announced that, after having dinner with a bunch of loyal Hyatt customers to find out what they were wantin', the megachain learned that people are really just looking for an "authentic" hospitality experience. Makes sense — especially since one of the biggest drawbacks to the big-box, high-volume hotel experience can be impersonal service.

The solution? "Random acts of generosity":

In just a couple weeks, the folks who run Gold Passport will be reaching out to surprise and delight Hyatt guests in a whole new way. We will be empowering hotel employees to perform what we’re calling random acts of generosity. So, don’t be surprised if Gold Passport picks up your bar tab, comps your massage or treats your family to breakfast. It’s part of bringing authentic hospitality to life and making you feel more than welcome.

Okay. Sort of vague — but, we guess, uh, smile and be nice to the employees and they will be nice to you back? Maybe? Eh — just keep an eye open for some "random acts of generosity" — and tell us if you happen to be one of the lucky recipients.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...of_Generosity_

There was a survey that went out to us a few months ago pretty much addressing how they can differentiate themselves from SPG even more. I know I eluded to what you mentioned above -- and apparently, so did many others. Only time will tell.

I have none to report since I've been doing the SPG runs for the free weekend nights.

I'll have to let you know after July 31st.

Oops...come to think of it, I WAS treated to a random act of incompetence this month via the union run Park Hyatt Chicago (will they ever let the valet open the front door when the doorman is doing God knows what??? ) when they tacked on a breakfast charge (supposed [and promised] to have been comped -- not only by room service, but by the front desk upon checkout) one week after I left.

I still highly recommend the place. Just be prepared to open your own door 50% of the time.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      Just be prepared to open your own door 50% of the time.
      Spoilt Brat!

Comment

I still highly recommend the place. Just be prepared to open your own door 50% of the time.
        Skylofts it is, then!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Spoilt Brat!
          OK, I know you're kidding, but let's put this into perspective. The PHC is the flagship of the entire worldwide chain (so they say...but we all know it's the PHT ). Many of the executives live in the residences onsite. At $425 for a room, I expect them to reflect the high level of service the brand is supposed to project. It is the only PH where the doorman is absent most of the day AND goes home at 10pm. Hell, the guy doesn't even have to open the door -- just click the remote in his pocket!

You do NOT see this kind of retardedness at their competition, The Peninsula (a NON-union hotel), across the street...where I spend a lot of my time as Nomi closes early also.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Skylofts it is, then!
          Name the time (and when you can get a hall pass ) and we'll make it happen!
          HUGE AL

Comment

OK, I know you're kidding,
            You know I was but thanks for putting it in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              You know I was but thanks for putting it in perspective.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Hyatt has a surprise for you! Actually, Hyatt has a surprise for Hyatt Gold Passport members. Maybe not for you.

I'm still choosing the Hyatt Regency Johor Bahru should I have the chance though.

Comment

You'll have to wait til they finish renovations in July for that.

My plans to stay there two weeks ago were thwarted. Had to put up at Puteri Pacific instead. :/

Comment

Gotta admit it kinda sounds like a breath of fresh air. Most people will ask "WIIFM" - what's in it for me" , see that it probably won't apply to them, and skip reading the rest of it.

Me, I think it just reeks of feelgood, something in short supply on this planet at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Me, I think it just reeks of feelgood, something in short supply on this planet at the moment.
                      HUGE AL will buy you another beer the next time we meet up.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Had to put up at Puteri Pacific instead. :/
                        I'm pretty sure that's better than The Zon though.

Comment

So, don’t be surprised if Gold Passport picks up your bar tab, comps your massage or treats your family to breakfast.
                          Nice to an extent but the examples seem to consist of Hyatt telling you that something you're expecting to pay for is comped.

What would be even better would be something totally unexpected, e.g. proactively offering you an airport transfer or returning to your room at night to find some snacks and drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            Nice to an extent but the examples seem to consist of Hyatt telling you that something you're expecting to pay for is comped.

What would be even better would be something totally unexpected, e.g. proactively offering you an airport transfer or returning to your room at night to find some snacks and drinks.
                            The problem with unsolicited gifts is that they may not be what the guest would value. What if you didn't want to have late snacks because you were watching your weight? What if you already had a friend with whom you wanted to spend some time offer to drive you to/from the airport?

Much easier if the guest's preferences had been revealed through his or her decision to buy something.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Park Hyatt Chicago Update: Why Unions Ruin the Hotel Industry

Still no credit back on my card. Phoned the hotel today. They couldn't get anyone from Accounting on the phone. Asked for the Manager on Duty -- couldn't get him either. Escalated to the Diamond Line. They phoned the hotel and THEY couldn't get anyone on the phone! Escalated to the VP Hyatt Consumer Affairs.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X