Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to go one night away from Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go one night away from Singapore?

Hi guys,
    Need a suggestion. I will arrive 7:30am Monday and will leave 23:30 Tuesday. I don't want to stay in Singapore since I will not be sharing the room with DFP (since he will have his own arrangement), and last week when I was in Singapore alone, it was not a pleasant experience. So, where to get away from Singapore for a change? Of course, no CGK or DPS or other cities in Indonesia please...
    Penang seems not feasible because of flight schedules. BKK is the most feasible one, but have been there too often.
    Any sugeestions to maximize the overnight stay for some relaxation.

KL for some of shortfinals' fried lobster and scallops (with a bit of rice) ? Or Melaka about 2 hours away by car ?

However, given that distances don't mean anything to you , how about Hong Kong ?

Comment

KL.. no PPS sectors...
      Need somewhere quiet and tranquil.
      Langkawi comes to mind.

Comment

Phuket ?

MI752 SIN-HKT 08:50-09:35
        MI755 HKT-SIN 17:50-20:35

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          Langkawi comes to mind.
          MI don't appear to offer flights there on Mon and back on Tues.

Comment

Thanks. Still need other option though...
            Better Bali than Phuket in my opinion though...

Comment

KL.. no PPS sectors...
              Need somewhere quiet and tranquil.
              Langkawi comes to mind.
              SIN-BKK-KUL-LGK-KUL-BKK-SIN perhaps ?

PPS sectors - tick
              Quiet and tranquil - tick
              Not SIN, DPS, CGK, HKT - tick
              No visa required - tick
              Lots of time at airports/lounges - tick
              Fairly convoluted for 2 days - tick

Comment

Well,, I heard that day is the start of school holiday in SIN. Perhaps the short haul flights would be difficult to get. Seems that the flight to DPS is sold out that Monday.

Comment

Well,, I heard that day is the start of school holiday in SIN. Perhaps the short haul flights would be difficult to get. Seems that the flight to DPS is sold out that Monday.
                  Does the following work ?

Guaranteed Reservation

If you are waitlisted in First or Business Class on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir, you will be offered the option of a guaranteed reservation in Economy Class on the same flight, thereby assuring you of a seat on your desired flight.
                  Alternatively, no PPS sectors but you could stay in Singapore, e.g. Pulau Ubin, St John's Island, Kusu Island etc

http://www.wildsingapore.com/places/index.html

Comment

I would highly recommend Kota Kinabalu in Sabah (BKI) but MI just fly twice a week so you would have to fly MH. Kuching (KCH) is also nice if you are looking to go somewhere new.

How about Tioman Island in Malaysia. You get to fly from Seletar Airport instead of Changi, which is why I have been looking at it.

The other one is Bintan which is accessible in about 40 minutes by Ferry.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I went there about 5-10 years ago (from Tanah Merah ferry terminal if I remember right) and stayed at the Banyan Tree resort there - individual villas with a jacuzzi each overlooking the ocean. However, it is Indonesia so (as per his OP) that may not float CGK's boat!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I would highly recommend Kota Kinabalu in Sabah (BKI) but MI just fly twice a week so you would have to fly MH. Kuching (KCH) is also nice if you are looking to go somewhere new.

How about Tioman Island in Malaysia. You get to fly from Seletar Airport instead of Changi, which is why I have been looking at it.

Thanks.. hmm I guess the UK based flyers love KK and Kuching... Got similar recommendation from someone based in London..

Comment

Sentosa then?

You could always chill out at the spa at the Shangri-La Sentosa...

Comment

Originally posted by AJLondon View Post
                            Sentosa then?

You could always chill out at the spa at the Shangri-La Sentosa...
                            That was my thought. It's far enough removed from the city that perhaps it would fit the bill?

Comment

School holiday has already started. Started last Fri

I'll be honoured if you let me buy you dinner on Mon night here in SIN :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X