Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seoul Searching on the LCC and Premium A330 Flatbeds (FD, XJ and SQ JCL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigantic Line bear in the terminal.

It was a pretty long walk to the departure Gate 19 right at the end of the pier of the huge terminal, where boarding had already commenced.

21 January 2018
    Singapore Airlines
    SQ 609
    Seoul Incheon (ICN) - Singapore (SIN)
    A330-300
    9V-STC
    Business Class
    Flight Time: 6H15M

Was boarding immediately via the priority and headed down the jetbridge into the Business Class section.

As expected, the seats were the angled-flat Regional Business Class seats, but were recently upholstered in dark brown leather. Pillow and blanket were already placed on the seat.

Menus and headsets were placed in the magazine compartments.

Sufficient legroom.

Out the window.

Crew came down with offers of newspapers and magazines.

Hot towels distributed and welcome drinks offered. Being rather thirsty after the long walk, I had both the welcome cocktail Royal Sparkle (not pictured)and the champagne.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Inflight magazines.

The B777-9 and B787-10 were also featured in the fleet list.

The routemap now also includes all the code-shares.

There was a slight delay for pushback due to air traffic congestion. The new safety video featuring Singapore attractions was played after doors were closed.

Flight map

Pushed back.

EK A380 taxied past.

It was only quite a short taxi to the active runway.

Departed from Rwy33L.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmBSqVNUrXA

My Travel Map

Comment

Climbing out of Incheon.

Pretty comfortable headphones for the IFE.

Had also requested for a bottle of water earlier.

Quick visit to the lavatory, which was well-stocked with amenities as usual.

View of the Business cabin. Today's load was about 2/3 full in Business.

Above the clouds.

Lets check out what is available on the menu for dinner on this flight.

My Travel Map

Comment

Menu for the SQ600 SIN-ICN sector.

The very extensive beverages selection.

Satay service commenced. I had my satay along with a Citrus Rum Cooler cocktail.

Noticed something 'amissed' when the usual socks, slippers and eyeshades were not handed out. Requested for a pair of slippers from the crew and was informed that these items were temporarily only available on-request basis due to supplier issues and hence only limited numbers were stocked on each flight. It should revert back to normal after supplier issues are resolved.

Watched a Korean action comedy on the IFE.

My Travel Map

Comment

Sunset

Dinner service started about 1.5hrs into the flight. We were served by 4 crew in Business Class, and the service was excellent by all, especially the Korean Leading Stewardess whose service was exceptional

I selected the Korean Hansik meal, which was introduced recently on Korea flights. The appetiser dish came with a medley of Korean starters, and all were pretty tasty. Had a Chianti to go along.

For the main, it was an excellent tender braised beef shortribs with rice. It was very well-prepared and still slighly pink in the middle.A korean seaweed soup was also presented with the main dish.

My friend Booked-the-cook the Herb Mustard crusted Lamb Loin. Starter was the Antipasto plate.

Herb Mustard crusted Lamb Loin. It was excellently prepared as well.
            Lamb loin with red wine sauce, lyonnais potato, French buttered string beans and parsley buttered Chateau carrots

The dessert for the Hansik meal was a unique Banana pudding with brownie. It was a rather heavy dessert.

While for the international selection, it was a delicious chocolate ice-cream.

Meal service in progress.

My Travel Map

Comment

Cheese and fruits.

Ending with a TWG Seven Tea (specially created for SQ's 70th anniversary) and pralines.

Spent the rest of the flight watching the Kingsmen sequel.

After 2 movies and a great meal, we were already approaching Singapore.

Descending and landing on Rwy02L.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF9yyqopq2k

Last view of my seat and disembarked.

A look at our A330 after disembarkation before another long trek from Gate A20 to immigration.

This flight definitely ranked as one of the best flights I have flown on SQ Business Class. Crew were super friendly and professional, and food was very well-prepared and tasty. Though the seats might not be the latest generation flat beds, it was totally acceptable for the mid-haul since I was lounging for the entire flight engrossed on the IFE. Excellent flight on SQ this sector was!

Thanks for reading and your comments are much welcomed.

My Travel Map

Comment

Amazing TR ycp81. I love your pics of T4, but it is a pity unlike exploring T1-T3, you can't enter it unless you have a boarding pass for a flight departing T4. I also enjoyed your pics of Seoul. Although I have transited thru there (back when SQ16/15 existed), one time I'd like to visit Seoul city.

Comment

Working...
                X