The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
    So people who paid for a LCC will get a flat bed in JCL and use the PTV in EYCL?
    Hmm that could be a sweet deal flying SQ old J over ScootBiz which is essentially barely a Prem Eco seat.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines adds 787-10 Nagoya service from late-July 2018

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...ate-july-2018/

SQ672 SIN0120 – 0905NGO 787 D
      SQ671 NGO1030 – 1620SIN 787 D
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Manila will also get 1 787-10. Surprisingly it will be overnight in MNL.
        visit my blog

Comment

• Ho Chi Minh will also get the 787 service from 28JUL on SQ186/185

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
            Ho Chi Minh will also get the 787 service from 28JUL on SQ186/185
            Woohoo!! I guess I’ll start putting myself on SQ185 instead of SQ183 from now on.

This flight time makes sense in terms of scheduling. The aircraft from NGO can turnaround to do SQ186 to SGN. As for the evening MNL flight, any of the Japan flights can turnaround to service SQ918. After the night stop, the aircraft can return back to SIN before lunch to operate the midday flight to KIX.

Comment

Ho Chi Minh will also get the 787 service from 28JUL on SQ186/185
              Here's the link of the full schedule
              https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...ate-july-2018/
              SQ186 SIN1725 – 1835SGN 787 D
              SQ185 SGN1940 – 2240SIN 787 D

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                Woohoo!! I guess I’ll start putting myself on SQ185 instead of SQ183 from now on.

This flight time makes sense in terms of scheduling. The aircraft from NGO can turnaround to do SQ186 to SGN. As for the evening MNL flight, any of the Japan flights can turnaround to service SQ918. After the night stop, the aircraft can return back to SIN before lunch to operate the midday flight to KIX.
                With these schedules a daily SIN-NGO-SIN-SGN-SIN rotation would only need a single 787 to cover, which explains why both SQ672/671 and SQ186/185 are to switch to the 787 on the same day.

Comment

• Had my first taste of the 787-10 couple of weeks back on SQ619.

My wife and I were seated on 12D,F on a near full J cabin.

My observations:

1. Though dubbed by some as "divorce seats", the separation actually worked well for my wife and I coz firstly, I snore and secondly, it was easier to get out to the aisle. You can actually walk across from D to F (thought tightly) and I found that it was easier to chat with my wife across the console than with the first generation 77W centre seats. I looked at rows 11 and 13 and felt that the people were really squished too near each other (just my view).

2. I was quite happy that the 3 point seat-belt did not cut into my neck (unlike in MH).

3. I wished the seats had an extra inch of width. Also the large privacy wings cut in too low and acute an angle to the arm rest, making it difficult for me to rest my arm comfortably.

4. WIFI was fairly fast when I used it. I did not use up the free bit before I zonked out and hence did not get to try out Boingo. Connection was easy and fuss free.

5. I really liked the interface for the entertainment system. Much easier to use compared with the previous generation's - for a dodo like me. It took me a while to find the seat controls, though (hahaha) coz the touch panel blacks out. Once found, it was idiot proof.

6. I wished they loaded more sake....hahaha... ran out before I finished my meal.

So there you are...a totally non-professional review to add to the really good ones already in this thread.

Comment

• 9V-SCF is scheduled to arrive in SIN on 28JUN18 at 2050 LT as SQ8878. Routing CHS-NGO-SIN.

Comment

• 9V-SCF's first revenue service was SQ972|01JUL (SIN-BKK) this morning.

Comment

• Does anyone know which SQ flight had a water cannon salute and media event?

Comment

• New Delhi will be getting the 787 service from 28OCT on SQ402/401

Comment

New Delhi will be getting the 787 service from 28OCT on SQ402/401
                            Apparently this will switch back to the 772 during the start of the Summer 2019 season, according to MainlyMiles:

https://mainlymiles.com/2018/07/11/s...-from-october/

A dummy booking on SQ’s website shows the 772 too (in place of the 78J) after 31MAR19. Supposedly the 78Js being temporarily taken off one of the two daily KIX flights over the winter season will serve this flight instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                              Apparently this will switch back to the 772 during the start of the Summer 2019 season, according to MainlyMiles:

https://mainlymiles.com/2018/07/11/s...-from-october/

A dummy booking on SQ’s website shows the 772 too (in place of the 78J) after 31MAR19. Supposedly the 78Js being temporarily taken off one of the two daily KIX flights over the winter season will serve this flight instead.
                              It may also be S19's schedule hasn't been updated yet thus the 772 placeholder. We'll wait and see for that one.

Michael

Comment

• With so many 787s coming online now, why is SQ staving off the temptation to put them on CHC and IST runs? Do they have other aircraft in mind?

Comment

Working...
                                X