SQTalk Drinks Meet-Up? Fri, 25 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQTalk Drinks Meet-Up? Fri, 25 May

CGK and I are going to be catching up over drinks on Friday, 25 May. We're meeting at Post Bar at the Fullerton Hotel, 9ish. If you're around, please feel free to join us.

(Just look for the table where our celebrity multi-segment flyer is sitting. )

Attending:
    CGK
    jjpb3
    ws8n

Maybe? (*sound of arms being twisted* ):
    9V-JKL
    milehighj
    SQflyergirl
    SuperJonJon
    mafbar
    plus ...
    potential guests from TOF
    Last edited by jjpb3; 21 May 2007, 01:24 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

If all goes well, i'll be there. Need to confirm if I've got to help someone move house. if i don't, I ought to be okay

Comment

jjpb3, another weekend trip to SIN ?

I must try it one bank holiday but not this one - I'll be in Beirut.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        - I'll be in Beirut.
        B-B-B-Beirut?
        They must have they repaired the runway that was bombed...

Comment

Lebanon is listed on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office's list of countries which they recommend against all but essential travel to (along with the Central African Republic, Haiti and Liberia) but I'm sure JPB and SQflyergirl have been to far worse! I've also spoken to someone who said it's a wonderful place to visit (admittedly he went before it all got bombed).

I'm actually a bit more concerned about my BA flights in Y (operated by BMED so not good at all according to the current thread in TOF about them) - I'll arrive in BEY after a 5 hour flight at 4am in the morning! - but I wasn't willing to pay an additional £1,000 to upgrade to an old CW cradle seat. (DXB on the other hand with new CW, a longer flight and for much less cost... )

Comment

thanks for the open invite. hope to make it.

Comment

Alas I'm not traveling till July...
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

If i dont get any last minute travels(which occurs quite frequently), I should be able to make it.

Comment

jjpb3, another weekend trip to SIN ?

I must try it one bank holiday but not this one - I'll be in Beirut.
                  At least you know my first advice to you about weekend trips to SIN was grounded in my reality, eh?

SQfg, milehighj, SuperJonJon: very happy you might be able to make it. I think ws8n might join us as well, and I've also invited mafbar (from TOF).
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Lebanon is listed on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office's list of countries which they recommend against all but essential travel to (along with the Central African Republic, Haiti and Liberia) but I'm sure JPB and SQflyergirl have been to far worse! I've also spoken to someone who said it's a wonderful place to visit (admittedly he went before it all got bombed).

I'm actually a bit more concerned about my BA flights in Y (operated by BMED so not good at all according to the current thread in TOF about them) - I'll arrive in BEY after a 5 hour flight at 4am in the morning! - but I wasn't willing to pay an additional £1,000 to upgrade to an old CW cradle seat. (DXB on the other hand with new CW, a longer flight and for much less cost... )
                    I wouldn't worry about the FCO just look at the list of countries they have advisories for and you soon realise just how cautious they are. I have never been to Beruit but everyone I know who has been there raves about the place.

In Y BMED really are identical to BA so if you could handle the flight in Y on BA then you should be alright on BMED. Admitedly I have not flown them since it was announced they were being sold to BMI.

Comment

For a general rehearsal, today we had dinner at Crystal Jade at Changi. Here is the link for the photos:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=94

Comment

Sounds like fun, but I'll be in Phuket with Mr. Megatop by 9:00 pm on May 25th. Good for us, but bad for our chance of meeting up with you guys. If anyone is going to be arriving in SIN on the morning of May 25th or will already be there and available for a meet'n'greet, please PM me. Would love to see fellow SQTalkers again while I'm in transit at Changi 6:30am - 8:00am on Friday May 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                          Sounds like fun, but I'll be in Phuket with Mr. Megatop by 9:00 pm on May 25th. Good for us, but bad for our chance of meeting up with you guys. If anyone is going to be arriving in SIN on the morning of May 25th or will already be there and available for a meet'n'greet, please PM me. Would love to see fellow SQTalkers again while I'm in transit at Changi 6:30am - 8:00am on Friday May 25th.
                          Well, it looks like I'm going back on the same plane you arrive in at HKT. Am on MI751 departing at 1015

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                            If anyone is going to be arriving in SIN on the morning of May 25th or will already be there and available for a meet'n'greet, please PM me. Would love to see fellow SQTalkers again while I'm in transit at Changi 6:30am - 8:00am on Friday May 25th.
                            I am too shy to meet'n'greet in the a.m. of 25 May. I will be too drunk and smelly! Have not decided yet what I will do after between arriving at Changi 1am that morning, and the next run before heading to town for the Drinks at the Fullerton.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Well, it looks like I'm going back on the same plane you arrive in at HKT. Am on MI751 departing at 1015
                              And here I thought NO ONE went to Phuket at this time of year. Shame we'll miss each other, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X