Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIN-NYC (via FRA) - enough time to visit the lounge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-NYC (via FRA) - enough time to visit the lounge?

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:27 AM.

I usually fly SIN-FRA when returning and I think the stopover time is 2 hours at FRA. You'll need to leave the plane anyway and stay in the transit area. So enough time to use a loung I think.

Comment

It's been a while since I flew SIN-FRA-JFK but I remember going to the lounge at FRA and having nowhere to sit!

Comment

I just did SIN-FRA-JFK yesterday and boy, I got time to visit the Business Lounge and Senator Lounge which is close to each other. It SUCKS big time for not having free Wifi, even the workstations doesn't work!

Useless if you ask me.

Comment

I recently read that they plan to offer free WiFi in the Lufthansa Lounges in the future. Right now it's provided by German Telekom who wants to get paid. Lufthansa is always a bit late on services. I think it was ~1-2 years ago when they announced the great news that they will be introducing in-seat video in Y over the next years. What a technical revolution :-)

Comment

Frankfurt lounge? Is that a lounge or a fish market?
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              Frankfurt lounge? Is that a lounge or a fish market?
              Bus station with some perks!

But honestly I wouldn't bother with the SEN / Biz lounge in FRA.
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Actually, I find this is a nice opportunity to have a shower during the stop-over. After the very long walk from gate to Senator lounge I really needed one as well.

Comment

Unless my memory fails me, there was free WIFI in the Lufthanza Business Class lounge when I was last there. But having said that, there really is no reason to hang around that crowded "school canteen" like place.

Unattractive, unkempt and uncomfortable, it was one of the worst lounges I had to bear with.

So the answer is "Yes", you do have enough time for the lounge. More than enough time, in fact.

Comment

The bird is on the ground in Frankfurt for two hours which is ways too long.

Frankfurt is a great example of how customer relationship managment is done totally differently by SQ and LH:

I am HON Circle with Lufthansa and flying SQ to JFK, I can access the excellent First Class Lounge and Lufthansa's A-La-Carte Restaurant (aka TPR) with no problems.

If I were a Solitaire flying on Lufthansa to CGK via SIN, SQ would look down on me and not give me TPR access.

SQ *G or PPS flying SQ Y are getting access to the SEN lounges in FRA while LH *G don't get access to Krisflyer Silver Lounges in SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                      What can I do when I land at FRA - is there enough time to go to a lounge (gold card BMI).
                      Yes you will have time to use the lounge, whether they are worth bothering with is another matter. Awful places usually packed to the rafters.

Originally posted by cmy View Post
                      It SUCKS big time for not having free Wifi, even the workstations doesn't work!

Useless if you ask me.
                      Absolutely. It's a disgrace that they have not allowed free wifi in their own lounges for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by mst View Post
                        I recently read that they plan to offer free WiFi in the Lufthansa Lounges in the future. Right now it's provided by German Telekom who wants to get paid. Lufthansa is always a bit late on services. I think it was ~1-2 years ago when they announced the great news that they will be introducing in-seat video in Y over the next years. What a technical revolution :-)
                        No free wifi in the FRA SEN lounge yesterday. I think its supposed to start in July.

Comment

deplaning SQ26, how do I exactly get to the SEN lounge? im in F btw, and was hoping there was enough time to relax in the lounge and maybe have a quick shower. or should i just skip altogether and stay in the transit area?

...or is the SEN lounge in the transit area?

Comment

Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
                            deplaning SQ26, how do I exactly get to the SEN lounge? im in F btw, and was hoping there was enough time to relax in the lounge and maybe have a quick shower. or should i just skip altogether and stay in the transit area?

...or is the SEN lounge in the transit area?

You'll arrive at a concourse C gate - so the SEN night bazaar near C16 (IIRC) is the one nearest to you - and it is airside.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              You'll arrive at a concourse C gate - so the SEN night bazaar near C16 (IIRC) is the one nearest to you - and it is airside.
                              It's one of the better Bankfurt lounges, but that really isn't saying much.

Comment

Working...
                              X