Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted
    Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 10:15 PM.

Comment

So the 773 will be carrying the same J as in the 333 and the new Y seats?
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
        So the 773 will be carrying the same J as in the 333 and the new Y seats?
        Yes. Read #1.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          I think they're SV's subbing - (just a guess)
          Follow up on Post #19 and #21.

SQflyergirl was spot on! Some of the regional 772 (non ER scheduled) flights show up with Spacebed available message in GDS now. Looks like SV* subbing SR* or SQ* while the latter go into retrofitting.

Comment

Speaking of which, any info on whether SV* will receive the new longhaul biz class? With the passing of the 744s, these will be the only longhaul a/c still with slopey SpaceBeds.

I assume that SV* are scheduled to remain in the fleet for the foreseeable future...?

Comment

Does anyone know when the refurbishment will start, or has it been started on some 773's?

I have a couple of flights booked for April that are being serviced with 773's and are wondering if there was any chance I might get to see the new product.

Thanks for many updates.

SQ238.

Comment

i dont think this reburb will happen for another year at this rate. i heard it quite fast to give an internal face lift. Its all about the money and i dont think sq wants to outlay the cash right now.

Comment

i remember reading in another thread that a couple of birds had already been sent it for refurb last month.

anyone with any info on this?

I think SQ is in a good position to refurb now actually. With declining numbers, its a good time to consoidate their position as a leader. Also, it is good preparation for the inevitable recovery. they shouldn't cancel their refurbs based on a bad year, i hope they have more foresight than that.

Comment

Some of the recent regional flights, normally operated by SR*, were substituted by SV*. The logical inference is that those SR* were sent for retrofitting.

Comment

Just noticed that my upcoming CGK-SIN is being swapped from a 3 class 772 to a 2 class one (not sure SR* or SV*).

Comment

my mnl-sin flight end of mar is showing 2x2x2 in C on the 772, looks like a -200ER with spacebeds. is that usual for mnl-sin on the morning flight?
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                          my mnl-sin flight end of mar is showing 2x2x2 in C on the 772, looks like a -200ER with spacebeds. is that usual for mnl-sin on the morning flight?
                          No. All MNL has traditionally always been 3 class.

Comment

Originally posted by 2sweetau View Post
                            i dont think this reburb will happen for another year at this rate. i heard it quite fast to give an internal face lift. Its all about the money and i dont think sq wants to outlay the cash right now.
                            Internal fittings are long lead components so all these have probably been ordered before SQ announced the refit. The downturn is a good time to commence refit as planes can be removed from ops for the refit without affecting the schedules. Try that in a boom where ops are in high tempo, hard to withdraw aircraft.

Comment

According to the schedule on SIA Cargo, the afternoon and night flights to MNL (ex SIN) have been changed to the SV* planes for the summer season at least. The morning flight will remain a 773.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                No. All MNL has traditionally always been 3 class.
                                Indeed, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled F from MNL.

Comment

Working...
                                X