Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any info regarding how long it will take for the new seats to be fitted across the whole fleet of 773's? Probably not enough information at the moment but also the same question for 772's?
    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      I noticed one thing interesting, some flights operated by 772 (not ER) are showing 2-2-2 seating in May. I wonder if this implies new regional C will be 2-2-2?
      I doubt it. Could be a straight sub with an SV bird perhaps?

Comment

I noticed one thing interesting, some flights operated by 772 (not ER) are showing 2-2-2 seating in May. I wonder if this implies new regional C will be 2-2-2?
        I would not read too much into that. It could mean any number of things:
        A330
        777-200ER
        error
        etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          I would not read too much into that. It could mean any number of things:
          A330
          777-200ER
          error
          etc.
          The aircraft type still shows as 772. It is either an error or substituting 772ER (SV*) on 772 (SR*) routes.

I know! It is probably wishful thinking.
          Last edited by TerryK; 19 February 2009, 07:15 AM.

Comment

The aircraft type still shows as 772. It is either an error or substituting 772ER (SV*) on 772 (SR*) routes.

Which routes are you refering to?
            Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
              Which routes are you refering to?
              Several. TPE, MNL, CMB on certain dates after May.

Comment

With lots of route cuts for the 772ER, more are available to replace the regional 772s

Comment

I think they're SV's subbing - (just a guess)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                    Since 11 773s are currently slated to begin refurbishment to the new F seats, new regional J seats & new Y seats;
                    Actually is this the configuration confirmed or speculation?

While I would prefer the new regional J seats, could SQ produce a 77W-lite?

ie 773 and 77W with the same biz class seat

They are short of 77Ws.

And they didn't take up their 77W options.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                      Actually is this the configuration confirmed or speculation?

While I would prefer the new regional J seats, could SQ produce a 77W-lite?

ie 773 and 77W with the same biz class seat

They are short of 77Ws.

And they didn't take up their 77W options.
                      Confirmed

A 77W-lite is very unlikely. The 773 can only do regional routings less than 8hrs due to restricted range which makes it more a short-medium haul aircraft rather than the 77W. It makes sense to fit it with the regional seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        Confirmed

A 77W-lite is very unlikely. The 773 can only do regional routings less than 8hrs due to restricted range which makes it more a short-medium haul aircraft rather than the 77W. It makes sense to fit it with the regional seats.
                        Nope, the 773 had been deployed on an ad-hoc basis to Auckland, Christchurch and Athens. All are flights with flight times of 10-11hrs. Therefore, the 773 can even replace current mid-long haul routes currently served by 77W.
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                          Nope, the 773 had been deployed on an ad-hoc basis to Auckland, Christchurch and Athens. All are flights with flight times of 10-11hrs. Therefore, the 773 can even replace current mid-long haul routes currently served by 77W.
                          Ad-hoc equipment substitutions do not indicate that an aircraft can economically serve a route. The 777-300 may have had payload restrictions when operating to AKL, CHC, and ATH.

Comment

Why then did SQ deploy their 77Ws to MEL, SYD, DEL, PVG, HKG and PEK?

Aren't 77Ws over-engineered for these routes?

Was it to "show off" their new cabins, in which case their 773s should have the same cabin to "show off".

Or lack of a/c, therefore, a temporary thing.

Or competition on said routes, in which case again, a 773 with a 77W cabin would be stronger competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                              Why then did SQ deploy their 77Ws to MEL, SYD, DEL, PVG, HKG and PEK?

Aren't 77Ws over-engineered for these routes?

Was it to "show off" their new cabins, in which case their 773s should have the same cabin to "show off".
                              It's not about showing off. It's about offering a high-quality product to attract high-yield passengers. Sending an aircraft without AVOD to a market like HKG is a great way to get one's best customers to switch to CX.

Comment

It's now march, where's that refurbed 773?

Comment

Working...
                                X