Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Since 11 773s are currently slated to begin refurbishment to the new F seats, new regional J seats & new Y seats; there still hasn't been much talk of the seating density of the 773s. Since a number of SQTalkers have already flown onboard the new 333 yesterday, most will agree that it has been tastefully done and rather comfortable in 2-2-2 on the narrower 333. So the 773 being wider will get 2-3-2.

A short discussion on another thread gave an estimate of 8F/42J/283Y. (1-2-1/2-3-2/3-3-3) I'm also guessing that the post-2000 772s (SQ*/SR*) will undergo refurbishment too. Not sure about the SV*.
    Last edited by Nick C; 18 May 2009, 08:20 PM.

I have a question with regards to the 777-300ER aka 77W fleet. My apologies if it has already been answered but I could not find it elsewhere-

On these planes such as SQ 1 and 2, the J class is the same as J on the A380 right?

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
      On these planes such as SQ 1 and 2, the J class is the same as J on the A380 right?
      Yes. The A380, 77W and 345 share the same J class product.
      zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
        Yes. The A380, 77W and 345 share the same J class product.
        They are the same product with minor modification for different cabin widths. They look the same to the untrained eyes. You can see the difference if you take a tape measure and measure the dimensions.

Comment

Does anyone know when (and I guess where) the refurbished 773s will be deployed to?

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
            Does anyone know when (and I guess where) the refurbished 773s will be deployed to?
            MEL, SYD, DEL, BOM, PEK, PVG, HKG, DME, CGK, BKK, NRT, and ICN are the most likely destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
              [...] So the 773 being wider will get 2-3-2.[...]
              Hm, the 772 with SpaceBeds is 2-2-2. And the 777 is not much wider than the 333 (just under 60cm wider). Why would they go 2-3-2 on the 773 with new, but 'similar' seats?
              /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                Hm, the 772 with SpaceBeds is 2-2-2. And the 777 is not much wider than the 333 (just under 60cm wider). Why would they go 2-3-2 on the 773 with new, but 'similar' seats?
                772ER with spacebeds is meant for longhaul routes while 773 with regional C is meant for short to medium distance routes. Most airlines have 2-3-2 for 777 C seats, BA squeezes in 2-4-2 for 777 C seats.

Comment

My guess is 2-3-2, but we'll know soon enough. The first one is reportedly going in for reconfiguration this month.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                    772ER with spacebeds is meant for longhaul routes while 773 with regional C is meant for short to medium distance routes. Most airlines have 2-3-2 for 777 C seats, BA squeezes in 2-4-2 for 777 C seats.
                    I see your point. But with SQ leading the way with 1-2-1 in longhaul now, I hope they would continue taking the lead in regional J as well.
                    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      My guess is 2-3-2, but we'll know soon enough. The first one is reportedly going in for reconfiguration this month.
                      Agreed 2-3-2.

Please, not another "Fewer seats and Higher fares" fiasco as with the new biz seats on 77W.

I would say that the re configured 773, with regional biz seat is a tacit admission that new J seats (on 77W, A380, A345 ) are a failure.

1. too few of them

2. too expensive ( in an economic downturn )

3. positioned too near to F ( heard many times J good enough. No need to fly F )

The new regional seat satisfies all my needs in a biz seat. An Improved SpaceBed..

PS I should add that I don't travel on company expense. I pay for all my flights so cost is an issue

Comment

Again, can we ask that the posts try to stay on topic. I have moved the post about changing a booking to a new thread as it has nothing to do with the refurbishment of 777's.

Thank you.

Comment

Will SQ retain F on the 772s if they are converted or it will just be J & Y?

It's currently 12F/42J/234Y. Will 8F/42J/234Y be possible?

Comment

I noticed one thing interesting, some flights operated by 772 (not ER) are showing 2-2-2 seating in May. I wonder if this implies new regional C will be 2-2-2?

Comment

Will SQ retain F on the 772s if they are converted or it will just be J & Y?
                              That is currently undecided. There will either be a mix of 2-cabin and 3-cabin or they will all be 2-cabin.

It's currently 12F/42J/234Y. Will 8F/42J/234Y be possible?
                              No, that wouldn't fit. 35J/255Y would fit and I expect to see something similar for at least some of them. It's more difficult to guess what a 3-cabin arrangement might look like.

Comment

Working...
                              X