July 9 - 11 : SQ presents new F and J seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    A little birdie says its gonna be flip-down bed again....
    flip down is super inconvenient....oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
      If only SQ could have Qantas J where it is a fully flat bed without flipping it down...

Comment

Originally posted by JonLee View Post
        If only SQ could have Qantas J where it is a fully flat bed without flipping it down...
        I sincerely hope you're not implying that QF's J seat is somehow better than SQ's current long haul one.

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
          Originally posted by JonLee View Post
          Granted, flip down might be a little inconvenient but I sleep much better on flip downs. Possibly for two reasons, one hardware related, the other is probably more my crazy gray matter.
          You get two dedicated surfaces (one designed and optimized for sleeping, the other for sitting and lounging). Flip down beds are also more stable as the foot end is normally supported and not just cranked out.
          Making the bed by flipping it down/over always resembles a getting ready to go to bed routine, not just falling asleep on a couch. I normally just fall asleep straight away after converting to bed mode. Changing into PJs also helps.

And SQ J still beats everything else I have tried in J for sleeping comfort, even being 1.87m tall. I like it for lounging as well, but can understand the arguments against...
          /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I sincerely hope you're not implying that QF's J seat is somehow better than SQ's current long haul one.
            I think it's pretty doubtful that he's travelled in either, so I wouldn't pay any attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
              Granted, flip down might be a little inconvenient but I sleep much better on flip downs. Possibly for two reasons, one hardware related, the other is probably more my crazy gray matter.
              You get two dedicated surfaces (one designed and optimized for sleeping, the other for sitting and lounging). Flip down beds are also more stable as the foot end is normally supported and not just cranked out.
              Making the bed by flipping it down/over always resembles a getting ready to go to bed routine, not just falling asleep on a couch. I normally just fall asleep straight away after converting to bed mode. Changing into PJs also helps.

And SQ J still beats everything else I have tried in J for sleeping comfort, even being 1.87m tall. I like it for lounging as well, but can understand the arguments against...
              I agree with you completely on your views on the current J. An improvement will be good enough.

Just tried the business-stagger type the other day on Jet Airways. Horrible. I hope SQ is not going anywhere near that direction.

But hope F is rethought. Saw pictures of TAM's new F and I am wow-ed by its look and feel. Looking forward to what SQ has got to offer

Comment

I am also with you. To me, I have found SQ J seat is far more comfortable than TG747 F (10 seats). I can hear what other would say to my comment though...

Comment

Do you think this could finally see the introduction of a proper J class amenities kit or even PJ's like some other leading carriers out there? (probably wishful thinking)

Comment

Which carriers give PJs in J?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      Qantas...

Comment

Had them offered on 9W.
                        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

QR do as well.
                          /Desert Traveller

Comment

I guess for me, i always fall asleep before the plane takes off and wake up two hours after and feel really sore, as its such an odd position and to get up and lie down again, sort of disrupts my sleep....i guess mainly because my flights are to asia region only, which makes it not long enough to have a good rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                              I think it's pretty doubtful that he's travelled in either, so I wouldn't pay any attention.

Comment

If SQ is listening, I wish for more foot rests in lounge mode and allowing us to sleep straighter, and not slanted. More 11A/K like in the 77Ws would great as our feet has more space to move...
                                Life's A Bitch,
                                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Working...
                                X