Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many op-ups have you gotten? report them here! Share your joy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    Should split the poll responses into Op-Ups on SQ, and Op-Ups on other airlines.
    Would be interesting to see if SQ is still more stingy with op-ups than their competition.
    I second this. My op-ups have always been on other airlines, not even once on SQ, even after trying to maximize my chances by having *G status.

Comment

• First Op-Up last night on SQ after almost 9yrs flying with them, from Y to PY on 18:50 B777-300ER flight HKG-SIN.

Unfortunately it meant giving up sitting next to wife and son but......all in a good cause. Can at least confirm to myself now that it's not worth extra $$ to actually pay for PY on short flights whilst on longer flights I stick to J so it's not making sense for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fone View Post
        I second this. My op-ups have always been on other airlines, not even once on SQ, even after trying to maximize my chances by having *G status.
        I'm absolutely sure I only got moved up to J because they had several empty seats and they could sell some more Y fares by doing so, because Y was absolutely packed solid. I was flying out of BNE for a change and it seemed there were no other *G passengers on the flight.

The problem with a policy of regularly upgrading regular customers though is that once you get used to a good thing, it's hard when it's taken away. It was much more enjoyable as an unexpected surprise rather than expecting it might happen and then dealing with the disappointment if it hadn't.

Comment

• Haha, I thought I had a good chance when my PEK - SIN flight got changed from an old A380 with economy upper deck, to one without. I'm on B data and *G, but probably there were others ahead in the pecking order in front of me. Was already a rather full flight before the equipment change.

Comment

• PY to J on my flight back from SIN to PVG. It was the first day of PY to PVG but due to an operational change, they utilised an A388 without the PY seats...
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• I missed my birthday upgrade by one day, but they made up for it today with an op-up to Suites on SQ286. Business overbooked, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                I missed my birthday upgrade by one day, but they made up for it today with an op-up to Suites on SQ286. Business overbooked, apparently.
                And it wasn't?

CONGRATS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  And it wasn't?

CONGRATS!
                  Who cares the reason! Thanks

Comment

• got mine last month. That makes two.

SQ320 Y to J SIN-LHR (now SQ318)
                    OZ106 Y to J ICN-NRT last month

Comment

• Just qualified for PPS for the 7th year in a row and have never scored a single upgrade in SQ. Guess this is quite a common story in this forum.

Last week I was flying Lufthansa on my first long haul trip with them and was upgraded to F at the gate on a Miami to Frankfurt sector operated by an A380. Found it quite amusing and almost bizarre that they would be the ones rewarding me for my loyalty to SQ and *A rather than SQ but of course we know how SQ views these things. Needless to say it was a lovely flight in a very comfortable F product, much better than expected.

A good friend describes SQ as hospitality with a drip, you get what you pay for, not a single drop more - all measured. Couldn't help but agree after getting this unexpected upgrade in LH!. I'll be flying back to SIN from FRA late in the week with LH so fingers crossed for another op-up!

Comment

• Op Ups:

July 2nd, 2016: CGK-SIN / 9V-SMB / SQ957 => EYCL to PEY
                        July 18th, 2016: SIN-CGK / 9V-SMB / SQ956 => EYCL to PEY
                        July 20th, 2016: CGK-SIN / 9V-SMB / SQ957 => EYCL to PEY
                        August 2nd, 2016: DUS-SIN / 9V-SME / SQ337 => EYCL to JCL

Comment

Working...
                        X