Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accor's Asia Pacific Super Sale

Guys and Girls,

I know of not such another opportunity that presents itself with the other players and we've (ACCOR) been pioneering this trend over the last few years..

IF and I do stress the word IF, you're not an Advantage Plus member currently, you'll have to wait a wee while longer... a day or two at most... to partake in our (Accor's) fantastic Asia Pacific Super Sales... Friday I think...

IMHO, I cringe every time I see these things released, being an operations kid these affect my everything operation wise... however as a joe public you kids should really jump on board 50% off... full A|Club credits/points (where applicable)

Considering these rates are only a few dollars more than staff are entitled to with full A|Club benefits, I encourage those looking to 'bed' run their way to status to jump on board.

For example, my old man, the HARDEST of A|Club members to convince to use this as a way of getting his status up there has all but assured himself of Platinum via this promo and I know I will not sleep until he gets this (not by my own will either , he will call me no matter the time difference to ensure his stays are credited...)

Thanks mate. The OH is an Accor person and find these sales handy. But even as an SPG Plat I couldn't resist the superb value last time the same promo was on. We took advantage of this sale to book a nice big suite at the Novotel KL last Dec, which cost the same as a standard room at the Westin where we'd have gone otherwise (and might or might not get an SPG Plat upgrade).
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I had booked my July Novotel KL stay in May and when I saw the promo, I double-checked the rates and surprisingly, the rates aren't any cheaper.

If it's room-only rates, then it's on par or slightly better, but the rate that I booked in May comes with Free Breakfast daily, otherwise, it's S$25 per person per day.

With the promo rates now + adding breakfast for 2 pax @ S$25 per person per day, it's actually more expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
        I had booked my July Novotel KL stay in May and when I saw the promo, I double-checked the rates and surprisingly, the rates aren't any cheaper.

If it's room-only rates, then it's on par or slightly better, but the rate that I booked in May comes with Free Breakfast daily, otherwise, it's S$25 per person per day.

With the promo rates now + adding breakfast for 2 pax @ S$25 per person per day, it's actually more expensive!
        Are you an Advantage Plus member? If not, you're currently seeing regular rates and you'll have to wait for a couple of days to access the promo.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Are you an Advantage Plus member? If not, you're currently seeing regular rates and you'll have to wait for a couple of days to access the promo.
          Yes I am for the past few years, snagging a free renewal this year for recommending 5 friends to join last year too.

To add to this, as I am travelling to Seoul in Aug, the 50% off rates only apply to certain less popular hotels (I know Sofitel is not included), but even Ibis Myeong-dong, the price before and during the promo now is around the same price though there's a icon saying it's 50% off too. Other Ibis properties in Seoul are seemingly cheaper.

Comment

That's a shame. I recall that pretty much every Accor property other than a few Sofitels was covered by the last promo including the Novotel KL. This promo is much less attractive if the discount only applies to Ibis properties or similar....

Comment

I was fortunate to book the Novotel Airport BKK twice last year when I needed a quick overnighter. Fortunately, as things ahead look, I won't be needing to do that this year if it's not a system-wide 'real' sale.
              Last edited by Kyo; 15 June 2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I remember Sofitel was not included in the last promo.

For a list of participating hotels, it's here: http://www.accorhotels.com/pdf/crazy...ing-hotels.pdf

Comment

Sofitel never participate in these things, they operate unto their own...

But all other hotels under 'multi-brand' will always kick into these things, so that's Pullman's, M Gallery's, Novotel's, Grand Mercure, Mercure, Ibis, All Seasons etc...

Comment

I read the following on another site - I have no experience so YMMV:

This seems to come and go with some regularity. Current offer, good through 17th December is...

* 3% for Etap Hotel and Formule 1
                    * 7.5% for Ibis and All Seasons
                    * 12% for Mercure, Novotel, Suithotel, and Adagio
                    * 16% for Pullman, Sofitel, Hotels Barriere, and MGallery

Sofitel T5 booking for a Friday night at £106.80 has had a healthy £17.08 track almost immediately (though only £14.24, ie. 16% of the £89 room rate, may be paid).

[...]

Back on until Wednesday 22nd June.
                    topcashback.co.uk paying high rates through 20th June:

* Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Hotels Barrière 16.16%
                    * Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure and Adagio 12.12%
                    * All Seasons and Ibis Hotels 7.57%
                    * Etap Hotel and Hotels Formule 1 3.03%

The sweetener is on top of that there is an additional £10 per booking!

Comment

Working...
                    X