Park Hyatt Shanghai and The Puli Shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Hyatt Shanghai and The Puli Shanghai

During my recent business trip to Shanghai, I have the good fortunes of being put up in Park Hyatt Shanghai and the Puli Hotel, depending on which side of the city my client is.

Both hotels are nice and services are very personable. I like the zen feel of Park Hyatt while appreciating the homeliness of the Puli. Location wise, the Puli (located in JingAn area, adjacent to subway stations of two subway lines and within a short walking distance to a major shopping mall) beats Park Hyatt (located at Pudong) hands down in my opinion but if one is primarily working at the Pudong financial district, Park Hyatt will be suitable.
    Hope the pictures would be of assistance if you are choosing hotels in Shanghai.

I will let the pictures (all taken with iPhone – so apologies for the poor picture quality) do the talking now …

Park Hyatt Shanghai

Located on the top floors of Shanghai World Financial Centre, which is currently the tallest building in the PRC, Park Hyatt Shanghai commands a fabulous view of the sprawling city, that is, weather permits. There is a separate entrance and private elevators for the hotel which are staffed with very well-groomed personnel. The lobby is located on the 87th floor, and there is one restaurant and a bar/lounge on this floor as well. My room is at the 83th floor.

The room:

Most of the good hotels now offer free Nepresso in the room, Park Hyatt Shanghai is no exception …

The BEST bathroom in any hotel I have stayed in – just love the rain forest shower … I told my wife I need this at home ! The deep sink is huge, and well, deep too.

When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Control panel of the Jap-styled automated toilet … same as the W Taipei. Toilet is separated from the bathroom at the other side of the room.

In-room breakfast

Also visited the hotel restaurant on the 91th floor for lunch. The view is good but the food is just so-so …

View from the restaurant …

The Puli will be next …
    When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

91th floor?

Comment

Working...
      X