Osaka Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    The St Regis is opening from 1 October. [...] I may be in Osaka on 1 October so I'm currently debating whether to try the St Regis on its opening day
    Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Now booked ...
    I just read on TOF that the plat benefits include (apart from the usual ones):

Complimentary Breakfast at our Italian Restaurant "La Veduta"
    Complimentary mini-bar
    I'll be interested to see what's available!

Comment

I checked into the St Regis today.

I took the subway - the hotel was well signposted from Honmachi station exit 7 (up the escalator to street level; turn right and then the entrance is to the right around the corner of the building). I don't imagine any taxi drivers will know where this place is yet.

They checked me in and nothing was said at all about SPG or platinum benefits. I had to ask whether my number was in the booking - the girl went away to check and came back to confirm that it was. I then asked about benefits ? Only then did she mention:

* a choice of 500 points or US$5 (!) or a drink or a bookmark
      * free breakfast
      * free Internet

Later, I phoned up to ask whether there's a complimentary mini-bar ? I was told no - the complimentary breakfast is instead of the complimentary mini-bar.

I booked a grande deluxe room and that's exactly what I got (although I think the hotel is full today - there was no availability on spg.com when I checked last week).

The staff are keen and eager to please - just like the St Regis Singapore when it first opened! The butler was telling me that this button is the do not disturb button; it lights up when you press it; this is the coffee machine; etc.

They have a box by the door for them to put in cleaning, tea, coffee, newspapers etc without having to disturb you. Just like the (I believe - never having stayed there) the Peninsula hotels (?).

I'm on one of the highest floors and there's a nice view of (what I assume to be) Midosuji outside the window.

Overall, this feels much more polished than when I stayed at the St Regis Singapore during its first week of soft opening (although I felt much more valued there as a SPG plat, e.g. the wine tasting invite etc - whereas here it seems to be an afterthought).

Comment

Pictures please jhm

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          IMHO Swissotel Nankai is the best place to stay in Osaka for the following reasons:
          1. Location right in the heart of the food and shopping (better than RC)
          2. The airport express ends at the hotel
          3. In wet weather, there are miles of underground shops you are connected to
          4. Takashimaya is downstairs with a great food hall
          5. Rooms on Club floor very decent
          Just linking to 9V-SIA's pictures here of the Swissotel Nankai.

For one night last weekend, I stayed in the Sheraton Miyako (my second stay there). Like HUGE AL mentions in the OP, the location isn't the best for tourist activities (although it is on top of a train station and near a subway) but I couldn't argue with the price (JPY 8,500 for the night). As a plat, I got upgraded to a fairly large room with what I was told was a super kind size bed (the only oddity seemed to be no aircon so it was a bit hot/stuffy like the Japanese seem to like it) and coupons for breakfast (which I didn't try) and the health club.

I took the Nankai rap:t from KIX to Namba and then a taxi to the hotel. On the way back, there's a twice hourly limousine bus to KIX which departs from immediately outside the hotel (you buy the tix from the driver; JPY 1,500 IIRC) and it took under an hour. For ITM (i.e. the signs reading "Osaka Airport"), the limousine bus stop is in the nearby bus station a few minuets (covered) walk away.

Walking around the hotel, the food options seem limited (e.g. Yoshinoya for a beef bowl etc) and there are lots of love hotels in the nearby side streets!

Comment

Working...
          X