[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UMD View Post
    Let's hope so...otherwise it will lose its exclusivity.
    But if TPR shares the same facilities as SKL F then SKL F experience is degraded. Not only pax traipsing to and from TPR when they arrive and depart but also when they use the facilities.

As my SQ flying is now just about zero it is more a philosophical question for me than anything that actually matters.

The daily 77W here is forcing award and discounted tickets onto the less than daily redeye or CHC flight

Comment

Did SQ seriously have a customer feedback from R / F pax who dislike sharing lounge with LPPS / TPPS? Wow! that's nasty.

I wish all the R / F and LPPS / TPPS can really enjoy each other company without having to pass judgment on each others. It is a sad world if it has to come to that.

Why can't everyone be just like us who is always looking forward to that next lounge meeting?
      As I said, there were many occasions when Solitaires not-in-F behaving as a pita at SKL F. Those situation made the paid F to write a feedback. And again, just a tiny portion pita spoils the whole milk. Also remember, many would not give feedback. Those the result of the feedbacks could be biased towards pax who were upset with some Solitaire-not-in-F experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Also remember, many would not give feedback.
        Wow, if they have found a way to second guess what pax want without them telling them, that's an impressive trick.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Wow, if they have found a way to second guess what pax want without them telling them, that's an impressive trick.
          Well, I have heard that they had a designated group which purpose is to visit other famous lounges in the world for ideas and comparisons. And as you can see from SKL F at T3 with the gap at shower door, definitely they have an impressive trick in second guessing of what this particular LPP wants! Well, not to forget an occasional guest such as the kinky phaleesy with a vibrating computer desk.

Comment

Had a chance to visit the Private Room this morning for my SIN-PEK flight. It was really a pleasant surprise when they told me that I was the FIRST passenger ever to use the lounge!!

Just a brief summary:

Not all red and golden BP holders are eligible to enter. Only PAID passengers are allowed.

Open to both T2 and T3 flights.

Definitely no guests allowed.

Have taken some pics and will post them soon (once I figure out how to do so that is).

Comment

Originally posted by yiserexoica View Post
              Had a chance to visit the Private Room this morning for my SIN-PEK flight. It was really a pleasant surprise when they told me that I was the FIRST passenger ever to use the lounge!!

Just a brief summary:

Not all red and golden BP holders are eligible to enter. Only PAID passengers are allowed.

Open to both T2 and T3 flights.

Definitely no guests allowed.

Have taken some pics and will post them soon (once I figure out how to do so that is).
              Welcome to SQTalk, yiserexoica. Thanks for the live update.

Interesting, the 'paid passengers' bit. I guess they're serious about the exclusivity. Redemption pax are considered riffraff? You'd think that an exception for KrisFlyer members would at least be made.

I do think you should have wrangled something from them to commemorate your being the first TPR pax.

Looking forward to your pics and your impressions. (To post the pics, upload to a photo-hosting site; right-click the uploaded picture and choose 'Properties'; copy the url link for the picture; and then post, enclosing the url link between [img] and [/img].)
              Last edited by jjpb3; 1 July 2008, 09:44 PM.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Just a brief summary:

Does this mean those who upgrade to F by redeeming their points cannot enter? Please tell me this is not true.

Please do post them. Are there separate bathrooms with showers inside this Priveate Room? Thank you and welcome to SQTalk.

Comment

Does this mean those who upgrade to F by redeeming their points cannot enter? Please tell me this is not true.
                  How does SQ police this? Is there an annotation on the BP?

I think that VS has the same policy on CH access, and there is something on the BP that alerts lounge dragons to your $$$ status.

Comment

I am sure SQ will find a way.

If it is true, I find it disturbing that SQ is trying so hard to differentiate its paid and its upgraded by miles redemption F passengers. I feel humiliated by this and I am truly disappointed with SQ.

What will come next? Different meal service and different treatment by cabin crew for the paid and the upgraded by miles redemption F passengers on air? This dark side of SQ is really scary.
                    Last edited by UMD; 1 July 2008, 11:26 PM. Reason: To differentiate between op-up which is rare in SQ from upgrade with miles redemption.

Comment

If the report is true, I agree with you, UMD.

One of the most appealing features of SQ service is that there is no discrimination between paying and redemption passengers. This makes people look forward to redeeming on SQ, and encourages them to show loyalty (either to SQ or to a partner) on the road to that redemption. This treatment would erode that goodwill quite a lot.

Comment

I do agree that in my experiences so far in the past 7 years being a pax on SQ, there was no differential treatment whether I was a full paid F fares, or I was a paid discounted F fares (such as booked in A), or I was booked in O (due to all miles award tix, or an upgrade using miles).

I know some airlines will have a manifest that showed the booking class, even on its Boarding Pass. But on SQ, if you look at the BP, there is no differentiation at all. First is red. And Suites is golden. Thus, I wonder how the SKL staff can glance at the booking classes of each BP. Unless by swiping them through the magnetic reader to get the pax BP information.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          How does SQ police this? Is there an annotation on the BP?

I think that VS has the same policy on CH access, and there is something on the BP that alerts lounge dragons to your $$$ status.
                          As far as I know, the only thing that VS pax do not get when upgrading to, or redeeming in, the Upper Class is the free limo transfer. There is no discrimination in lounge access - which is of course the way it should be.

I'd be very very surprised (but not particularly bothered one way or the other, to be quite frank) if redemption F tickets were not allowed to enter - that would be just a very odd thing to do. But whatever is inside the lounge, it's never going to be worth going to the airport extra early for.

Comment

Welcome to SQT, yiserexoica! Quite an exciting first post.

I wonder if they actually mean paid (cash, miles redemption or upgrade using miles) vs unpaid (i.e. opup) ?

In the case of BA, for example, an opup at check-in is not technically allowed access to the lounges; but otherwise, all other pax (cash, miles redemption or upgrade using miles) are treated the same (subject only to OW and BA CIP status) on the ground and in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                              As far as I know, the only thing that VS pax do not get when upgrading to, or redeeming in, the Upper Class is the free limo transfer. There is no discrimination in lounge access - which is of course the way it should be.
                              My bad, I should have been more specific: not for op-ups. I was op-upped once from paid PE to UC, and I was told (very gently) at the lounge that my upgrade did not entitle me to lounge access.

You're right, though: my experience does not encompass redemption pax.

EDIT: jhm noted the distinction. Of course, in that case, it's bizarre that they mentioned the distinction to yiserexoica. It's not as though op-ups are that common on SQ, and therefore would erode the lounge exclusivity.

Comment

Well, if we're talking about op-ups, then it's of course a different question altogether (and considerably less controversal!)

Comment

Working...
                                X