SQTalkers in the shipping / maritime industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome stuff, congrats phaleesy!
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Congrats Phaleesy! It's a twisted but interesting industry!
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        Got some help preparing for the interview from our lovely Kapitan. I'm now looking forward to equipping ships with pharmaceuticals, medical supplies and equipment.
        Congratulations, phaleesy, and good on el kapitan for his assistance.

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        It's a twisted but interesting industry!
        Already a contender for understatement of the year!.

Comment

• Belated congrats from me as well, just seen this (although StarGold told me about it when he visited here, if I remember well). If you ever need any help just give us a shout.

Comment

• Most likely leaving Busan in a couple of months. Taking up another equally challenging post, again in Asia.

Now where can this new assignment location be, I wonder...

Comment

• Oh no! I'll definitely come down to Busan on my September trip then.

Hmm. Mystery location... Do tell

Comment

• SINGAPORE

(And it will naturally be my pleasure to meet when you come to Busan).

Comment

• Unfortunately, I have no plans to head to Pusan between now and September.

Fortunately, I won't have to!

Same company?

Comment

• Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                    Most likely leaving Busan in a couple of months.
                    You leaving before Kormarine ?

Comment

• How to 'park' a ship :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4t1c06I_L8

I sincerely hope it's not one of our dear old kapitan's vessels.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        How to 'park' a ship :

Movie cannot be loaded..... As long as its not a green and white, its alright...
                        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          How to 'park' a ship :

Wow, excellent parking skills! A fitting finale at the world's biggest steel scrap market.

Comment

• ok, I have seen the video, about a ferry being beached to be broken up...... they would have to go as fast as possible on the approach so that the vessel can be pushed as far up the beach as possible..... in any case, none green / white and red / white ships will ever be beached this way.... as a matter of policy, the company have decided never to use the scrapping yards on the sub continent due to poor environmental protection, poor safety records, usage of child labour and the abuse of labour by the various yards at that location....

we break our ships systematically in the middle kingdom, where the process is well managed and recorded. This is verified with weekly reports as well as surprise visits....
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Any of the Marine lot going to Posidonia this week ?. After thinking I wouldn't be there it looks like I will be on Friday for the day.

Comment

• I'm here. Will be there almost every day. I'll PM you my number.

Comment

Working...
                                X