Question for Marine/Shipping Folk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Marine/Shipping Folk

Coming in yesterday onto a 02L approach into Changi at 14:15, I thought i saw south of singapore a Very large container ship - and it looked (and had the same colours) as one of the Emma Maersk ship class - which someone in our logistics department at work pointed out to me was the largest size container ship in the world.

Anybody familiar with shipping schedules know if what I saw was indeed one of them?

http://www.emma-maersk.info/

At this time, I mean now, 15th Jan 2011 1340 hours Singapore time, the Emma Maersk is at port of Malaga, Spain.

One female cooks employed by us was formerly the cook on the Emma Maersk.
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Could I have seen one of the sister ships in her class ? I read somewhere there are 7 or 8 of them.

Comment

I think the local business newspaper (Singapore Business Times?) lists all major ship arrivals and departures, especially cargo vessels. If you can find a copy for the day in question or access it on line, this should help to identify the ship you saw.

Comment

The next time this happens, go to:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

and select the port of Singapore and have a look.

There are online databases of historical ship movements but not AFAIK free.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Coming in yesterday onto a 02L approach into Changi at 14:15, I thought i saw south of singapore a Very large container ship - and it looked (and had the same colours) as one of the Emma Maersk ship class - which someone in our logistics department at work pointed out to me was the largest size container ship in the world.
            You may be interested to read about the new Triple-E class being constructed which will take that title:

www.worldslargestship.com

Comment

Working...
            X