• Show
Clear All

• NEW BA CLUB WORLD SEAT - 25% more room

maybe this is reallly old news but it was in the Syd. Morn. Herald today

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/ba-a...783131515.html

read it up felllas
    tokes

The newspaper article reads an advert!

Yes, really old news. The new Club World seats were announced last year. Amongst others, there's a TR by KeithMEL on here about his experiences (plus the now well known problems with the seat); and I had my first experience of the new seat on my flight to SIN last Friday (when I met you).

Comment

ahhh i c i c - probably had the paper re - release news with the journo getting a free flight.
      I was feeling that it couldnt be another new CW after reading on TF always bout the new CW and KeithMel's report.
      How did you like the seat Jhm?

Comment

I think they only reported it now because the seat was only unveiled in SYD just then, as stated in the article. Pretty late to unveil a new product when NGCW planes have been making quite a few visits to SYD already.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
          How did you like the seat Jhm?
          I had the same problems which others have had:

1 The seat is floppy when in fully flat bed mode - a bit like sleeping on a waterbed!

2 The tray table is very wobbly - annoying when you're having a meal but even more so if (as I was) working on a laptop.

3 The foot rest has a tendency to collapse downwards if too much pressure is put on it. There was a report on TOF that this may be being fixed.

4 The new AVOD has a tendency to crash but it didn't for me. (Even then, KrisWorld is miles better than the limited selection on BA's basic AVOD system.)

5 The light is built into the seat and has limited movement so hard to shine it to where you want.

However, I really liked the following:

1 With the new seat, I can sleep on my back and have my shoulders fit in (unlike the old seat) because the arm rests drop down and you know how wide I am.

2 I had 62K on the upper deck which is an exit row. There's no surround around the foot stool for this seat so there's unlimited space to move your feet both from side to side and up and down. The feeling of having my feet boxed in is something which I really don't like about BA F (horizontally) and SQ F (both old and 77W - particularly vertically).

3 The power socket takes normal US/EU (not not UK) plugs unlike the old seat which requires an Empower adapter.

4 Sat in 62K with the privacy screen up, nobody can see you as the only seats you face are the two crew jumpseats.

5 I found the pre-set "Z position" (despite the marketing guff about it originating from NASA etc) very comfortable for lounging back.

All in all, I thought the seat was better than the BA F seat I had yesterday - privacy, AVOD (the BA F seat uses video cassettes), unlimited leg room when lying down etc. I think it's better than the Spacebed (I dislike sleeping on a slope) and IMO better for sleeping in than SQ old F and 77W F. I haven't tried yet SQ's 77W J so I don't know about that.

Edit: of course, SQ is miles ahead of BA when it comes to the quality of the food (not even mentioning the ability on SQ to BTC). BA has a proper amenity kit in J unlike SQ (which has a better kit in F). Whether you like BA or SQ's cabin crew service depends on which style you like - I'm fine with both.
          Last edited by jhm; 3 September 2007, 10:03 PM.

Comment

SQ 77W will have 8 seats for your feet to move freely from side to side. They are
            -11A,C,D and K
            -14A and K
            -15C and D

Comment

Working...
            X