This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
    Disgusting, might as well be in economy. Once my TPPS reserve value has expired, in about 2035, I’m never ever flying SQ again.
    The best part is the cabin crew does not know what is a mother of pearl spoon!!!!!!!!

Even Garuda Indonesia First Class is so much better in the presentation, with an onboard chef, see the way their caviar is served:
    https://www.topmiles.com/blog/articl...-japan-for--76

Garuda Indonesia First Class Tokyo-Narita to Bali:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZBN8SLqgw

You don't need to fly on all these airlines to know all these....just google n youtube!!
    Last edited by vsepr; 27 June 2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
      The best part is the cabin crew does not know what is a mother of pearl spoon!!!!!!!!

Even Garuda Indonesia First Class is so much better in the presentation, with an onboard chef, see the way their caviar is served:
      https://www.topmiles.com/blog/articl...-japan-for--76

Garuda Indonesia First Class Tokyo-Narita to Bali:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZBN8SLqgw

You don't need to fly on all these airlines to know all these....just google n youtube!!
      Maybe there are just more people with the opinion that SIA is better that those who don’t hold such views.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
        Maybe there are just more people with the opinion that SIA is better that those who don’t hold such views.
        Yup. Something is very wrong with the system.

Comment

Yup. Something is very wrong with the system.
          Depends on whose perspective

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
            Not sure if troll post or EDMW is leaking.
            You Sir/Mdm, have done a fine job.

Comment

Well I certainly can't comment on F service but Y passengers vote for SQ because when you try the competition, it's usually awful. With all but about 5 planes in the fleet having a very decent Y product and excellent cabin service, they are actually the best for long haul Y in my opinion.

Perhaps the caviar spoon doesn't bother most people because they think caviar is either foul and disgusting or they actually puzzle over what on earth people see in it other than some kind of vain status ritual and they therefore don't care about its serving utensil or the supposed life changing experience of eating it after it hasn't been soiled by a metallic spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                You Sir/Mdm, have done a fine job.
                THANKS!! I have done what most people in this forum have been wanting to say from the heart for a long time but do not have the guts to write in the forum because this is a pro-SQ forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Well I certainly can't comment on F service but Y passengers vote for SQ because when you try the competition, it's usually awful. With all but about 5 planes in the fleet having a very decent Y product and excellent cabin service, they are actually the best for long haul Y in my opinion.

Perhaps the caviar spoon doesn't bother most people because they think caviar is either foul and disgusting or they actually puzzle over what on earth people see in it other than some kind of vain status ritual and they therefore don't care about its serving utensil or the supposed life changing experience of eating it after it hasn't been soiled by a metallic spoon.
                  Can't comment on SQ's Y Class but I think they should be the better ones. But the premium classes is definitely not the best in the world.

I don't eat the caviar too because of the smell but just for photo taking.

Comment

Personal choice. I go out of my way and pay a premium to fly SQ. Take my trip to Bali in September for example. Could have easily flew BR,CX,CI, OZ etc out of SFO but I chose SQ because I think they’re the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                      Personal choice. I go out of my way and pay a premium to fly SQ. Take my trip to Bali in September for example. Could have easily flew BR,CX,CI, OZ etc out of SFO but I chose SQ because I think they’re the best.
                      I think you only want good seat and IFE for Business Class and don't want any extras like KRUG Champagne or similar (BR only), soup, wine tasting service, pyjamas, RIMOWA (BR only) amenity kit, self-service bar, amazing lounges in HKG for the long-haul to Asia of course SQ is the best choice.

If you want those extras, but not so good seat and IFE, got to choose the rest.

Business Class on Qatar Airways, ANA, EVA Air and Garuda Indonesia offers wine-tasting service when you order white or red wine like in First Class. First they bring the bottle to you to see, after that pour out a bit to taste and after that pour the rest. The interesting thing is, no matter how many times you order the red/white wine, they will keep on repeating the steps with a smile. I'm serious.

On your "world's best" airline, only SQ's First Class have this service. In Business Class they pour out in the galley and serve you the glass.
                      Last edited by vsepr; 27 June 2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Why not? If I'm in a position to fly SQ often enough to make PPS, at some point these becomes nonsense I'd rather avoid.

I can see why an arrivals lounge would be good (sleep on the plane, wash up in arrivals lounge, go to meetings), but you'd probably have Priority Pass to enter the Changi Lounge at Jewel already. Or if you're Solitaire PPS you can go to TPR even if terminating in SIN AFAIK. People who save up their miles for years to fly that one J long-haul have very different needs and wants, than people for whom even F becomes part of routine business travel. And SQ has chosen to cater to the latter.

At this point I'll just sit back, enjoy this thread for the entertainment value, and leave you to ponder just why the hell BA was so profitable with a crap business class (that was at most PE with a flat bed)
                        Last edited by yuuka_miya; 27 June 2019, 08:46 PM.
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

I agree they are not the best, but being a top airline has now become a photo finish race. One thing I am assured travelling with SQ is consistency. At least 80% of the flights are above par. With other airlines, it's a hit or miss.

Their service standards, service recovery and transitting through one of the world's best airport is what makes people fly with SQ. Hardware(IFE, seats) can always be bought, especially by the ME airlines, but heartware(service crew) comes through years of experience and culture and that's something that not all airlines can easily replicate.

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                            Why not? If I'm in a position to fly SQ often enough to make PPS, at some point these becomes nonsense I'd rather avoid.

I can see why an arrivals lounge would be good (sleep on the plane, wash up in arrivals lounge, go to meetings), but you'd probably have Priority Pass to enter the Changi Lounge at Jewel already. Or if you're Solitaire PPS you can go to TPR even if terminating in SIN. People who save up their miles for years to fly that one J long-haul have very different needs and wants, than people for whom even F becomes part of routine business travel. And SQ has chosen to cater to the latter.

At this point I'll just sit back, enjoy this thread for the entertainment value, and leave you to ponder just why the hell BA was so profitable with a crap business class (that was at most PE with a flat bed)
                            I just want the best bang for the buck.

I did not say BA has a good business class, just give example of the arrivals lounge only.

I hope I did a great job entertaining you as much as I do discussing with you guys on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                              I agree they are not the best, but being a top airline has now become a photo finish race. One thing I am assured travelling with SQ is consistency. At least 80% of the flights are above par. With other airlines, it's a hit or miss.

Their service standards, service recovery and transitting through one of the world's best airport is what makes people fly with SQ. Hardware(IFE, seats) can always be bought, especially by the ME airlines, but heartware(service crew) comes through years of experience and culture and that's something that not all airlines can easily replicate.
                              "agree they are not the best" is good enough for the main idea of this discussion thread.

I just cannot understand how SQ can be no.1 for every single survey in the market and every year non-stop and telling the whole world that they are the most awarded airline in the world without all the extra perks the other airlines have.

Comment

"agree they are not the best" is good enough for the main idea of this discussion thread.

I just cannot understand how SQ can be no.1 for every single survey in the market and every year non-stop and telling the whole world that they are the most awarded airline in the world without all the extra perks the other airlines have.
                                also cannot understand why you cannot understand that to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X