SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > SQ-Operated, Partner and Contract Lounges

Old 9th March 2016, 08:53 PM   #1
SQ747
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQ*G KFEG, AirBerlin Topbonus Silver, Alitalia MileMiglia Ulisse
Default Using SKL J on arrival with transit

Ok, this may seem a little far fetched. Let's say you arrive into SIN on a J ticket, but are scheduled to depart again a little later on Y. There's no chance they'll let you into J lounge, right?
SQ747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 12:25 PM   #2
KC*
SQTalk PPS Club

Right.
KC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 04:25 AM   #3
sydunipete
SQTalker

I'm in a similar position. Arriving SYD-SIN in business early morning, then later depart short haul economy. All I want is a shower. Will this be possible?
sydunipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 07:33 AM   #4
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: KF Pleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydunipete View Post
I'm in a similar position. Arriving SYD-SIN in business early morning, then later depart short haul economy. All I want is a shower. Will this be possible?
No. Lounge access is only available before the flight. Once a plane lands and you deboard, that's it. The airline's view is that if you wanted a shower before your short-haul then they would be happy to sell you a J ticket for that flight, which comes with access to a shower before departure.

Sorry.
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 10:28 PM   #5
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON

SQ is a bit inconsistent here: arriving in Suites or arriving as a Solitaire you can shower even without any onward ticket. Arriving in Business or as a PPS you are not able to do so.

If you donít have a priority pass, you can buy access to lounges with shower facilities so no big deal.
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019, 11:29 AM   #6
Bytor
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: Solitaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
SQ is a bit inconsistent here: arriving in Suites or arriving as a Solitaire you can shower even without any onward ticket. Arriving in Business or as a PPS you are not able to do so.

If you donít have a priority pass, you can buy access to lounges with shower facilities so no big deal.
When I was a mere PPS I arrived back from Jakarta and I knew a colleague was in the lounge before his flight out somewhere. I needed to speak to him, but the staff wouldn't even let me in to do that - I had to ring him and get him out!
Bytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2019, 10:59 AM   #7
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor View Post
When I was a mere PPS I arrived back from Jakarta and I knew a colleague was in the lounge before his flight out somewhere. I needed to speak to him, but the staff wouldn't even let me in to do that - I had to ring him and get him out!
We just established that arriving PPS have no lounge access. Why would that change with a third person being in the lounge?

I flew with a friend BKK-SIN and he continued to SYD. Both in J, me being PPS. I was not allowed to give him company in the lounge in line with the same rules.

I wasnít happy but SQ makes the rules.
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote