SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
    I think there's a higher chance that the 20 777-9s will only replace the first batch of 19 77Ws. The newer 8 arrived in 2013, so I'm guessing they would be confined to medium haul routes while the newer aircraft fly long haul routes where efficiency gains matter more. I don't see many 77W routes going A350 because those 77W routes (other than CPH) can probably continue to support a First Class cabin.
    Makes me wonder whether they'll retain the current configuration, or go to a denser config perhaps with 2018 RJ and no PE?
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      It seems that from 1 OCT, there's no First class seats available for MNL bookings. SQ910/917 will be operated by the A350.
      I wish they have done this earlier....

I was on B773 last Friday (9V-SYF), it was quite "horrible" especially in economy. The PTV is really bad. You can hardly read the text on the screen

And also the recline button that can easily pressed with one thigh
      visit my blog

Comment

• https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...gh-mar-459814/

As per flightglobal article, Nokscoot is expecting 2 SQ B772 frames from as early as next month.

Comment

SIA would need to order more 7779s in about 6 years time to replace its ageing A380s by then, and depending on whether Boeing or Airbus would have come out with newer planes by then, but doubt this is unlikely and would be more a improved 777-9s version.
          They have 6 options on it at the moment.

If all the online articles are to be believed, SQ really wanted the 777-10 rather than the 777-9. But the -10 doesn't exist; Boeing only said its technically feasible.
          Perhaps the -9 was really SQ making sure it gets the largest available plane into the fleet.

Comment

• 9V-SQM is currently doing multi-low level (2,000 ft & below) circuits over Senai, Johore. Also 2 touch and go landings/take-offs were made at the airport. Flight number is SQ8871. Is this a test flight before her potential departure from the fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
              9V-SQM is currently doing multi-low level (2,000 ft & below) circuits over Senai, Johore. Also 2 touch and go landings/take-offs were made at the airport. Flight number is SQ8871. Is this a test flight before her potential departure from the fleet?
              Should be a pilot training flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                The balance A350s seem to be regional versions. And both the A350R/787 do not have crew rest. So these are not replacing the 77W. I believe SQ might deploy some of the A350R or 787 on MI route as well in the future.
                So soon no more F for CGK and MNL?
                visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  So soon no more F for CGK and MNL?
                  By the start of the winter schedule there will be one daily 773 flight to MNL (down from two) and five daily 773 flights to CGK (down from six). So while F capacity to MNL will be cut in half, CGK will continue to receive the largest F capacity across the SQ network.

Comment

• SYJ is currently flying its ninth flight in a row to CGK.

It's possible that SYH, SYI & SYJ could form a small fleet dedicated to CGK for a few more years while they sort out regional F. By then, they may still have the oldest interiors in the fleet as the 2006 product will then be gone from A380s and the A330s will have left the fleet.

SYF & SYL are in a competition to be the last remaining plane with pre-2006 IFE and armrest-stored controllers in Y and SYF is certainly next in line to take the crown for oldest in fleet from SVB, potentially before the end of this year.

Comment

• Believed SIA can do this option of flying the 773s mostly on this JKT route, but that will increase the plane's cycle much faster and may have to retire these planes earlier than it wanted to. But the 773 are not efficient to be used on these very short sectors.

Comment

• Me thinks SYH SYI SYJ - the ones with the refurbished cabins will be the last remaining. They will do what SQE and SQF did in their final years. I remember SQF operated SQ950/958/966 almost exclusively everyday in its final 2 years of flying life.
                        The 773s will likely be replaced by the regional A350s. I think SQ can afford to do away with the F Cabin...the concept is a little dated since most of the business cabins are now single seats so privacy is already there.

Comment

Believed SIA can do this option of flying the 773s mostly on this JKT route, but that will increase the plane's cycle much faster and may have to retire these planes earlier than it wanted to. But the 773 are not efficient to be used on these very short sectors.
                          I believe 777-300 doing very well on short sectors, just like JAL and ANA have a lot of 777-200 and 777-300 doing the domestic routes and CX opted to buy 5 Emirates used 777-300 for short-haul flights.

Comment

• Believed for Japanese airline like JAL, they have specially configured widebodies with high density seating to be used for domestic flights only, just as like they even have 747s only for domestic flights only.

Comment

• Wouldn't those be similar to the 773As already?

It's not like SQ is flying derated 77Ws...
                              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                                Wouldn't those be similar to the 773As already?

It's not like SQ is flying derated 77Ws...
                                They can always derate their existing 77Ws if needed

Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X