• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 772LR or 747-8, for now!

article with some interesting comments from the big man:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._boeing29.html

reading carefully i noticed....
    ""But Singapore's first-class seats at almost 3 feet wide could comfortably seat an adult and two small children — though that would require three paid fares of about $10,000 each for a round trip from San Francisco to Singapore."

A new way to accomodate more young pax without missing a seat
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

This particular quote interest me:
      "However, in the next size up, the forthcoming Airbus A380 superjumbo interior promises to outdo even that luxury, so it appears the 747 jumbo is on the way out at Singapore, one of the A380 launch customers."

Guess we can confirm that the A380 will be even better then...........But at what price?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Guess we can confirm that the A380 will be even better then........
        The A380 will have the same Y & J, but a totally different new F to the 773ER. You knew this didn't you ? We've posted about it enough !!.

Apparently they are even considering not calling it First, they think it's that good.
        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 29 November 2006, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Most interestingly of all - (it answers a question about legroom in J bulkhead seats) - look over the left shoulder of Chew choon Seng in the first pic, just to the SQgirl's right (she's standing in between 11D and the 11D console)-- that console is a dummy seat back that will house the video screens etc . Your legs will go in there too.

Meaning there's no extra legroom, as there's no design incentive to do so.

Comment

Interesting article. I've changed my seat to 11A and 11K out of MXP in Dec given that my original plans for row 18 might be windowless. But picture 3 in the article does seem to make the business class seats look pretty cramped. The video shows the seat folding down (like the VS Upper Class seats). I don't see how it'll fit a whole person horizontally even if the legs do go under the seat in front.

Comment

Do I see NO overhead bins in F?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                You do indeed. I've seen this confirmed in some promo material somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Cossie View Post
                  I've changed my seat to 11A and 11K out of MXP in Dec given that my original plans for row 18 might be windowless.
                  I've got 11A on SQ333 in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    My take - they're all the same - there's no advantage in being in a bulkhead anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Thanks Manflyer!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Correct... according to the sweet SQ Boy on my SQ 11 last week, he said that no overhead bin because the carry-on can be stowed underneath on the floor. Will confirm next Tuesday night!

Comment

The guy sitting in the new Raffles Class seat in the third picture looks really miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            The guy sitting in the new Raffles Class seat in the third picture looks really miserable.
                            LOL... exactly what I thought when I saw it.

Comment

That third picture shows something I didn't expect to see in the Business cabin - the colors are too light. Hopefully it won't stain. Scott Carson needs to take his Prozac or something. Geez. I'd be giddy as hell if I was sitting in that plane!

Comment

Working...
                              X