No announcement yet.

Start of another round of cost-cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post.

I took SQ972 and SQ979 on 10 Jun and the menu booklet was replaced entirely by a flimsy sheet of paper with the main course listings.

It's really disappointing and distasteful.

Comment

Is SQ still providing hot towels in Y?

Comment

Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
        They were 1 week ago, BNE-SIN and SIN-FRA. Piping hot towels actually

Comment

Originally posted by brissypete View Post
          They were 1 week ago, BNE-SIN and SIN-FRA. Piping hot towels actually
          Great to hear! Perhaps a contrast with the reports of what's happening at BA.

Comment

No hot towels service in SIN-KUL-SIN sector

Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
            On its shortest sector SIN-KUL-SIN, no hot towels service is provided in Y. I believe some longer routes, the service is still maintained.

Comment

SQ used to serve satay service in SQ326 in J. They didn't serve it in my last trip....

Comment

I took SQ 877 last week, from TPE and they didn't give out slippers and socks in J, I guess that got cut out too...surprising for a 4.5 hour flight...

Comment

They do not give it out proactively anymore, but they do stock them. Just ask and they should be able to produce them from somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                    They do not give it out proactively anymore, but they do stock them. Just ask and they should be able to produce them from somewhere.
                    Maybe we should list down all the "magic items" that the cabin crews can produce from somewhere so that we know what to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                      Maybe we should list down all the "magic items" that the cabin crews can produce from somewhere so that we know what to ask.
                      Dust bags in First Class so one's precious Prada bag doesn't have to touch the ground for takeoff.

I have once had an 'amenity kit' assembled for me in Business class before by a very helpful cheif steward. It contained tissues, towels, and a bottle of fragrance normally found in the J toilet, toothbrush, comb, shaver... All nicely packaged in a zip lock bag!

For me, short hauls it's really just the slippers/socks or sockets. And while water bottles are given out proactively on long hauls, it's also available on short-hauls.

Comment

I was on SQ328 overnight flight to Munich in J last week. Noticed the meal service was noticeably slower. 2.5 hours after take off and the main-course for supper was still not served, so I decided to skip as I was too sleepy. Same problem happened during breakfast service and the crew just managed to serve up the breakfast just 20mins before landing commenced. Bread basket was forgotten. The leading stewardess was very apologetic over the slow service and apparently, the number of crew has been reduced and it happened to coincide with a nearly full J cabin.

Comment

Socks, slippers and bottled water given out proactively in J on SQ306 and SQ335. Both were long haul and overnight flights though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by banoffi View Post
                            Socks, slippers and bottled water given out proactively in J on SQ306 and SQ335. Both were long haul and overnight flights though, not sure if that makes a difference.
                            If I'm not wrong, socks, slippers and bottled water are only given out actively in J for flights longer than 4hrs. I was told this when returning from HKG on SQ863.

On my daytime flight to PVG on SQ830, I was given them without requesting as per any long-haul and overnight flights.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
                              If I'm not wrong, socks, slippers and bottled water are only given out actively in J for flights longer than 4hrs. I was told this when returning from HKG on SQ863.

On my daytime flight to PVG on SQ830, I was given them without requesting as per any long-haul and overnight flights.
                              Funny they didnt give it out on my TPE flight then, since it is 4.5 hours..

Comment

Originally posted by myjawdrop View Post
                                I'm not sure if this is the best place to post.

I took SQ972 and SQ979 on 10 Jun and the menu booklet was replaced entirely by a flimsy sheet of paper with the main course listings.

It's really disappointing and distasteful.
                                That is really bad. Any pictures of the flimsy sheet of paper? Perhaps they can try to make the menu booklets (even) smaller, but not remove them totally.

Comment

Working...
                                X