SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2013, 05:26 PM   #16
JonLee
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
JonLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30-Mar-2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC77 View Post
anyone have any idea when they will upgrade or replace

12F/42J/234Y (9V-SQE, 9V-SQF) [Old Regional F, Ultimo J, Old Y]
30J/293Y (9V-SRF - 9V-SRL) [Ultimo J, Old Y]
All these planes will not be upgraded and will be replaced when more a330 and 77Ws arrive. some of the SQ series may be transferred to scoot, but it is just my guess.
JonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 06:42 PM   #17
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: Currently JFK, usually MEL
Programs: KF Pleb
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC77 View Post
anyone have any idea when they will upgrade or replace

12F/42J/234Y (9V-SQE, 9V-SQF) [Old Regional F, Ultimo J, Old Y]
30J/293Y (9V-SRF - 9V-SRL) [Ultimo J, Old Y]
SQE may have already left the fleet. No action since last month.
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 11:29 PM   #18
9V-SIA
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 22-Nov-2007
Location: Singapore
Programs: TPP
Posts: 2,222
Default

I hope somewhere hidden in their 70 A350-900 a/c order are 5 A359Rs
9V-SIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2013, 02:19 AM   #19
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
CarbonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27-Jul-2011
Location: Singapore mostly
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-SIA View Post
I hope somewhere hidden in their 70 A350-900 a/c order are 5 A359Rs
Hear, hear! Even though I may be having too much Amsterdam coffee.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 04:52 PM   #20
FSJZ
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 30-Oct-2010
Posts: 473
Default SQ Fleet (Updated 9 October 2013)

Singapore Airlines Fleet and Orders (Updated 9 October 2013)

Airbus A330-300

In Service: 24
9V-STA - 9V-STW, 9V-STY

On Order: 10
EIS: 2013 - 2015

Seating: 30J/255Y [Regional J, 2006 Y]

Airbus A340-500

In Service: 4
9V-SGB - 9V-SGE

Seating: 100J [2006 J]

*To be phased out Q4 2013*

Airbus A350-900

On Order: 70
EIS: 2016 - 2017

Seating: TBA

Airbus A380-800

In Service: 19
9V-SKA - 9V-SKN, 9V-SKP - 9V-SKT

On Order: 5

Seating: 12R/60J/399Y (9V-SKA - 9V-SKK) [2006 R, 2006 J, 2006 Y]
12R/86J/311Y (9V-SKL - 9V-SKP, 9V-SKQ - 9V-SKT) [2006 R, 2006 J, 2006 Y]

Boeing 777-200

In Service: 18
9V-SQF, 9V-SQI - 9V-SQN, 9V-SRF - 9V-SRH, 9V-SRJ - 9V-SRL, 9V-SRM - 9V-SRQ

Seating: 12F/42J/234Y (9V-SQF) [Regional F, Ultimo J, 1997 Y]
38J/228Y (9V-SQI - 9V-SQN) [Regional J, Refurbed Y]
30J/293Y (9V-SRF - 9V-SRH, 9V-SRJ - 9V-SRL) [Ultimo J, 1997 Y]
38J/228Y (9V-SRM - 9V-SRQ) [Regional J, Refurbed Y]

Boeing 777-200ER

In Service: 11
9V-SVB, 9V-SVC, 9V-SVE, 9V-SVH - 9V-SVO

Seating: 30J/255Y (9V-SVH, 9V-SVK, 9V-SVO) [Spacebed J, 1997 Y]
26J/245Y (9V-SVB, 9V-SVC, 9V-SVE, 9V-SVI, 9V-SVJ, 9V-SVL, 9V-SVM, 9V-SVN) [2006 J, Refurbed Y]

Boeing 777-300

In Service: 7
9V-SYF - 9V-SYL

Seating: 8F/50J/226Y [2006 F, Regional J, Refurbed Y]

Boeing 777-300ER

In Service: 21
9V-SWA, 9V-SWB, 9V-SWD - 9V-SWV

On Order: 6
EIS: 2013 - 2014

Seating: 8F/42J/228Y (9V-SWA, 9V-SWB, 9V-SWD - 9V-SWT) [2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y]
8F/42J/228Y (9V-SWU, 9V-SWV) [2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y]

Boeing 787-10

On Order: 30
EIS: 2018 - 2019

Seating: TBA

Total

In Service: 104
On Order: 121

Last edited by FSJZ; 9th October 2013 at 05:02 PM..
FSJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 12:33 PM   #21
sinner
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 11-Oct-2013
Posts: 24
Default

No dates for the next one or two 77W's to enter service, I suppose ?
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 04:15 PM   #22
FSJZ
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 30-Oct-2010
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
No dates for the next one or two 77W's to enter service, I suppose ?
Not for now. 9V-SWW has not appeared in any databases.

But theoretically, 9V-SWW should arrive before 27 October, so that the new cabins can run daily on the SIN-LHR route.

Last edited by FSJZ; 17th October 2013 at 04:24 PM..
FSJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 07:45 PM   #23
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: Currently JFK, usually MEL
Programs: KF Pleb
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSJZ View Post
Not for now. 9V-SWW has not appeared in any databases.

But theoretically, 9V-SWW should arrive before 27 October, so that the new cabins can run daily on the SIN-LHR route.
They have two- why would they need more to run daily LHR?
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 10:04 PM   #24
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
CarbonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27-Jul-2011
Location: Singapore mostly
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
They have two- why would they need more to run daily LHR?
Indeed I find it very perplexing as to how SQ is scheduling their 77WNs now. They fly SIN-LHR on SQ306 which arrives London at 0800, then it waits there for a whole 12.5hrs and turnaround as SQ319 at 2035. Sitting in London for a whole 12 hours can't be cheap - even if they park at some off-site and secondly the fact that the plane is idle for so long. Perhaps this is the "run-in" phase?
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 11:04 PM   #25
FSJZ
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 30-Oct-2010
Posts: 473
Default Updated 17 October 2013

Singapore Airlines Fleet and Orders (Updated 17 October 2013)

Airbus A330-300

In Service: 24
9V-STA - 9V-STW, 9V-STY

On Order: 10
EIS: 2013 - 2015

Seating: 30J/255Y [Regional J, 2006 Y]

Airbus A340-500

In Service: 3
9V-SGB - 9V-SGE

Seating: 100J [2006 J]

*To be phased out Q4 2013*

Airbus A350-900

On Order: 70
EIS: 2016 - 2017

Seating: TBA

Airbus A380-800

In Service: 19
9V-SKA - 9V-SKN, 9V-SKP - 9V-SKT

On Order: 5

Seating: 12R/60J/399Y (9V-SKA - 9V-SKK) [2006 R, 2006 J, 2006 Y]
12R/86J/311Y (9V-SKL - 9V-SKP, 9V-SKQ - 9V-SKT) [2006 R, 2006 J, 2006 Y]

Boeing 777-200

In Service: 17
9V-SQF, 9V-SQI - 9V-SQN, 9V-SRF, 9V-SRH, 9V-SRJ - 9V-SRL, 9V-SRM - 9V-SRQ

Seating: 12F/42J/234Y (9V-SQF) [Regional F, Ultimo J, 1997 Y]
38J/228Y (9V-SQI - 9V-SQN) [Regional J, Refurbed Y]
30J/293Y (9V-SRF, 9V-SRH, 9V-SRJ - 9V-SRL) [Ultimo J, 1997 Y]
38J/228Y (9V-SRM - 9V-SRQ) [Regional J, Refurbed Y]

Boeing 777-200ER

In Service: 11
9V-SVB, 9V-SVC, 9V-SVE, 9V-SVH - 9V-SVO

Seating: 30J/255Y (9V-SVH, 9V-SVK, 9V-SVO) [Spacebed J, 1997 Y]
26J/245Y (9V-SVB, 9V-SVC, 9V-SVE, 9V-SVI, 9V-SVJ, 9V-SVL, 9V-SVM, 9V-SVN) [2006 J, Refurbed Y]

Boeing 777-300

In Service: 7
9V-SYF - 9V-SYL

Seating: 8F/50J/226Y [2006 F, Regional J, Refurbed Y]

Boeing 777-300ER

In Service: 21
9V-SWA, 9V-SWB, 9V-SWD - 9V-SWV

On Order: 6
EIS: 2013 - 2014

Seating: 8F/42J/228Y (9V-SWA, 9V-SWB, 9V-SWD - 9V-SWT) [2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y]
8F/42J/228Y (9V-SWU, 9V-SWV) [2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y]

Boeing 787-10

On Order: 30
EIS: 2018 - 2019

Seating: TBA

Total

In Service: 102
On Order: 121
FSJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 01:57 AM   #26
sinner
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 11-Oct-2013
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSJZ View Post
Not for now. 9V-SWW has not appeared in any databases.

But theoretically, 9V-SWW should arrive before 27 October, so that the new cabins can run daily on the SIN-LHR route.
Thank you. With three planes, they could do the SIN-BOM route daily, in addition to LHR, correct? Or only on some days. I'll have to think about it for a minute!
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 01:58 PM   #27
FSJZ
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 30-Oct-2010
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Thank you. With three planes, they could do the SIN-BOM route daily, in addition to LHR, correct? Or only on some days. I'll have to think about it for a minute!
Yes from 27 October, they will introduce the BOM route on some days.

According to bent,

From 27 October 2013 - 29 March 2014 (D567)
From 30 October 2013 - 21 November 2013 (D34567)
FSJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 04:15 PM   #28
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: Currently JFK, usually MEL
Programs: KF Pleb
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonMan View Post
Indeed I find it very perplexing as to how SQ is scheduling their 77WNs now. They fly SIN-LHR on SQ306 which arrives London at 0800, then it waits there for a whole 12.5hrs and turnaround as SQ319 at 2035. Sitting in London for a whole 12 hours can't be cheap - even if they park at some off-site and secondly the fact that the plane is idle for so long. Perhaps this is the "run-in" phase?
I think you are probably spot-on. Both the LHR and NRT runs feature plenty of layover time at either end. In the first month of operation they can perform thorough checks of the cabins at both ports to ensure all the new equipment is running as expected and have time to rectify any teething errors without causing delays.
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2013, 08:13 PM   #29
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
CarbonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27-Jul-2011
Location: Singapore mostly
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
I think you are probably spot-on. Both the LHR and NRT runs feature plenty of layover time at either end. In the first month of operation they can perform thorough checks of the cabins at both ports to ensure all the new equipment is running as expected and have time to rectify any teething errors without causing delays.
Yes, the SQ308/319 pairing for SIN-LHR vv making much more sense after the run-in.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 10:21 AM   #30
sinner
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 11-Oct-2013
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSJZ View Post
Yes from 27 October, they will introduce the BOM route on some days.

According to bent,

From 27 October 2013 - 29 March 2014 (D567)
From 30 October 2013 - 21 November 2013 (D34567)
Thank you FSJZ!
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net