Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIA A380 inaugural flight - Let's start making plans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA A380 inaugural flight - Let's start making plans!

Last edited by ; 18 January 2007, 06:00 PM.

Aside from the fact that no one knows yet in which year the innaugural flight will occur, SQ have a lottery in progress (or perhaps it's over) for getting a seat. Word is, one has to be a VIP, journalist, PPS member, or very lucky in SQ's lottery to get a seat.

Comment

Last edited by ; 18 January 2007, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Hi MadameConcorde,

Thank you for the kind words.

I didn't mean to imply that winners of SQ's innaugural flight lottery would get to fly free. Quite the contrary. Those are the people who will be allowed to pay full fare.

Ask your local PPS coordinator what it takes to get a ticket for the innaugural flight.

Comment

I'd be very interested if there was a meeting or something with us all on the inaugraul flight. From what I gather it will be Singapore to Sydney, but as said above dates have yet to be released.

Comment

Regarding the Inaugural flights (from various cities) is it expected that the 380 will simply replace one of the already scheduled flights, or will it be (for the inaugural) a special, extra flight? If it is simply replacing an already scheuled flight, I imagine that some lucky people who just happen to book the right day could end up on the flight without having been in a lottery at all.
            Last edited by Peter11; 27 December 2006, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011
              Don't forget about the inaugural route for the A380
              Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                Huh?
                Never mind
                "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Last edited by ; 18 January 2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

It appears that the highest Y fare is SGD 2,514

Comment

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
                      A Y seat on the Big Bus inaugural flight will probably end up being more expansive than a Concorde transatlantic RT.
                      How is that possible?

Comment

Will people please stop assuming things like only a full-fare Y ticket getting you on the inaugural? Even if SQ restrict this flight to the Y booking class, a YRA fare SIN-SYD RT can be had for S$950+++

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          Will people please stop assuming things like only a full-fare Y ticket getting you on the inaugural? Even if SQ restrict this flight to the Y booking class, a YRA fare SIN-SYD RT can be had for S$950+++
                          The number of wannabees who have signed up for the inaugural flight is many times the number of seats. A senior manager at SQ told me "We could sell the economy seats at business class fares and fill the plane." Why on earth, in a market like that, would SQ offer S$950 fares on the inaugural flight?

Comment

They might even sell the Y seats at a full Business fare.
                            No, SQ won't do that. They made their decision. It is by lottery. I'm not sure whether it is still open or not.

Comment

Where was the lottery advertised?
                              It was on the SQ website in 2005. If you really want to be on the inaugural flight, the best bet is to contact your PPS coordinator.

Comment

Working...
                              X