Comment cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment cards

I saw lhrpete's post on another thread, that asking for a comment card may make whatever bad experience you are encountering on SQ to be rectified immediately.

I have used the comment card a couple of times so far, some for compliments but also a couple of complaints (not just on SQ).
    In several occassions, the IFS / ISM (CX) came over to ask... was it something that they need to improve on? (In essence, asking whether the comment was good or bad - as I usually seal the forms).

I have always wonder, though, if they know it is bad, wouldn't they just discard it? What do you usually say if a crew ask you this type of question, after you used the card for a complaint? Any thoughts?

What I usually do, when the IFS comes over and chats with me, is veil the criticism. Instead of bluntly point out their shortcomings, I usually offer them the means to recify the problem (such as saying that it looks better in terms of presentation if they cleaned up the edges of the plates instead of leaving the splatters there). But I try to avoid discussing the biggest criticisms.

And when I get to my destination, I usually send a more detailed letter regarding the problem(s), note that I filled out a complaint card, and that they should refer to it for additional details. That way, there is a reference that you filled one out. So if they did throw it out, the CS people will see that, and would reflect poorly on the crew.

And if the flight was great, well that's easy. Just tell them - the IFS, in the comment cards, and in the emails.

Comment

My experience is that when I've made a negative comment on a form it has been because things didn't improve after asking for the card. On those occasions I have handed it to the crew and in fairness, I've always had a follow up letter in response to the comment with an honest response - on one occasion, I was told that a steward had been sent on a three month re-training course which I thought was severe for what I had said about him.

All that said, over the years, I think I've probably only made five or six negative comments which set against several hundred positive ones may suggest that when I complain they take notice - because you can bet they keep track of what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        I have always wonder, though, if they know it is bad, wouldn't they just discard it?
        AFAIK, the crew will not discard any card whether it's bad or good. What will happen if there is an inquiry about your comment?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          AFAIK, the crew will not discard any card whether it's bad or good. What will happen if there is an inquiry about your comment?
          Perhaps I was too generalizing in my previous post. Apologies for that.
          I am sure most of the crew members would have integrity enough not to do that. I wondered about the few bad apples that make the whole crew look bad. But yes, you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK
            That's what I said:
            Originally posted by globetrekker84
            That way, there is a reference that you filled one out. So if they did throw it out, the CS people will see that, and would reflect poorly on the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
              That's what I said:
              Nothing wrong with some very helpful reinforcing of what may or may not be already known.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL
                Nothing wrong with some very helpful reinforcing of what may or may not be already known.
                I know. Just triple-reinforcing it.

Comment

Working...
                X