Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual Table Setting in J...

Question guys !

Will J Class have individual table setting across all fleets? Or just in the new 773ER? At least for now? Just wondering on meal service procedure for the new business class. Heard that individual table settings in J will only be effective for the new 773 and 380.

Comments?

What is the setting that I have been receiving on Raffles class? I always think it is individual table setting as well.

I flew F on SQ several times before and I believe the table setting procedure is just the same as it is in J albeit more classy.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ9188 View Post
      What is the setting that I have been receiving on Raffles class? I always think it is individual table setting as well.

I flew F on SQ several times before and I believe the table setting procedure is just the same as it is in J albeit more classy.
      No, current J setting comes on a tray. 77W J setting - from the pictures I've seen - is out on the table individually.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

77W Menu Incompatible with 773/772

No 77W experience for me. Was booked on 862 with 77W. Met at the gate by SQ agent who apologized for the last minute aircraft swap and handed an envelope with S$250. The flight operated with 773.

What's interesting is that we received menu for 892, the late afternoon flight. It seems to me that the 77W menu cannot be served on 773/772, hence an equipment swap entails a menu swap as well. Must be because of the individual table settings. I tried to check with cabin crew but they had no idea. They could only confirm that the menu matched what was loaded. So, we were served dinner on an 11am departure.
          Last edited by TerryK; 14 December 2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK
            No 77W experience for me. Was booked on 862 with 77W. Met at the gate by SQ agent who apologized for the last minute aircraft swap and handed an envelope with S$250. The flight operated with 773.
            I hope this was in addition to the price difference between a regular flight and the "premium pricing" of the 77W.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
              I hope this was in addition to the price difference between a regular flight and the "premium pricing" of the 77W.
              No, that was the refund of differential as I was told.

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
                No, current J setting comes on a tray. 77W J setting - from the pictures I've seen - is out on the table individually.
                AFAIK, for SQ861/862, the service will still be on a tray with new plates and cutlery. From the experience from lunch served on SQ333 CDG-SIN, to serve all J pax without the tray, it took more than 3 hours. SIN-HKG is too short for that. Otherwise, you still have your meals while landing.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  AFAIK, for SQ861/862, the service will still be on a tray with new plates and cutlery. From the experience from lunch served on SQ333 CDG-SIN, to serve all J pax without the tray, it took more than 3 hours. SIN-HKG is too short for that. Otherwise, you still have your meals while landing.
                  Just as I expect ! Imagine 42 individual table settings Pity the cabin crew...less rest time, must be real taxing for them to endure this and to maintain their smiles at the same time !

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    Perhaps I jumped into a conclusion to soon. I wonder why we got the 892 menu and meals. It is not a mistake as the menu and meals match.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                      So, we were served dinner on an 11am departure.
                      Lunch and dinner service are pretty much the same anyway.

Comment

I wonder if there is any comps given for F pax booked on SQ861/2 in the event of aircraft changes, given that there are no F surcharge.

Comment

Working...
                        X