Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no more MegaTop, Jubilee, LeaderShip titles...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no more MegaTop, Jubilee, LeaderShip titles...?

I heard the rumor that ever since SQ named its 345 to be the "Leadership" back in 2004 [deleted]. Then the great Senior PM had orderd to remove all of the SQ aircraft titles, no just the MegaTop, Jubilee, LeaderShip, & the 1000th 747 on 9V-SMU.

Is that true...?

I really loved the old one like Big Top on 743, Super-B on 742, 3Ten on 310, 727 Advanced, SuperBus on 300, etc...
    Last edited by jjpb3; 14 December 2006, 12:33 AM. Reason: unnecessary profanity deleted

I really loved one of those monikers in particular.

I've always heard that it was the new CEO of SQ, who came on board in late '03 or early '04, who has put the kaibash on SQ's titles. The un-differentiation has now spread to removing "Raffles" from Business Class. I find it tragic and very unwire. "The Romance of Flying Returns"? In plain-old Business Class? That sounds so "business class." "Raffles Class" sounds like the romance of flying.

Comment

I like those titles on SQ aircraft:

1."MEGATOP"- Boeing 747-412

2."Jubilee"- Boeing 777-212 and -212(ER)

3."Leadership"- Airbus A340-541

4."BIG TOP"- Boeing 747-312

5."SUPER-B"- Boeing 747-212

6."3TEN"- Airbus A310-112

7."Advanced"- Boeing 727-212(Adv)

8."SUPERBUS"- Airbus A300

I will miss those titles on the SQ aircraft

**Side Note**
      What's was the A380-841's title?

Is it "WHALEJET"? Or "MEGABUS"?
      Last edited by AndrewSQ011; 14 December 2006, 08:56 AM.
      "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Singapore Airlines has stopped naming almost everything, they didn't even name their new product. No Skysuite or Spacebed or something, even Raffles is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover
          I've always heard that it was the new CEO of SQ, who came on board in late '03 or early '04, who has put the kaibash on SQ's titles. The un-differentiation has now spread to removing "Raffles" from Business Class. I find it tragic and very unwire. "The Romance of Flying Returns"? In plain-old Business Class? That sounds so "business class." "Raffles Class" sounds like the romance of flying.
          Not just Raffles/Business Class. Now it's spread to F and Y. All their scripted logos are gone too.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
            I heard the rumor that ever since SQ named its 345 to be the "Leadership" back in 2004 [deleted]. Then the great Senior PM had orderd to remove all of the SQ aircraft titles, no just the MegaTop, Jubilee, LeaderShip, & the 1000th 747 on 9V-SMU.

Is that true...?

I really loved the old one like Big Top on 743, Super-B on 742, 3Ten on 310, 727 Advanced, SuperBus on 300, etc...
            What's the reason behind it I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by VVIP
              What's the reason behind it I wonder?
              If my education is any example, the reason for Mr. Chew's dislike for that stuff is that he considers it as excess. Engineers hate excess with a passion.

**I honestly don't know, but that makes sense since that's what Berkeley engineering taught me.**
              Last edited by globetrekker84; 14 December 2006, 05:09 PM. Reason: Forgot one key word.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                If my education is any example, the reason for Mr. Chew's dislike for that stuff is that he considers it as excess. Engineers hate excess with a passion.

**I honestly don't know, but that makes sense since that's what Berkeley engineering taught me.**
                Maybe you should suggest to him for his self-pay cut?

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post

Is that true...?

Why did the Senior PM ordered the SQ aircraft titles removed?
                  "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

To AndrewSQ011:

Leadership sounds like "Lee" the ???? with Singlish pronounciation.
                    Last edited by SQTalker; 15 December 2006, 07:56 AM.

Comment

please.. try to be not offensive... may u edit your message pls? thank you
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I have to say I really did think the leadership title was rather naff. But to get ride of all the titles is taking it too far.

Comment

Working...
                        X