Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto allocation of seats on Singapore airlines app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto allocation of seats on Singapore airlines app?

Paid for an economy lite fare on the website for a flight in January 2020.
    But I was auto allocated seats on the app. Is this normal?
    When I manage my booking online, it shows no seats selected.

App:

Web:
    Last edited by BRANI; 20 June 2019, 07:59 AM.

I think there are issues with the app. We booked to travel to ICN on SQ608, travelling in Nov. We also paid it and preselected our seats, row 32. At the time of initial booking, SQ608 was scheduled to be operated by the A330. However, SQ has now substituted it with the 78J. And as Economy on the 78J starts at row 41, we were automatically “moved” to row 42. Website now shows row 42 for our booking, but the app is still showing row 32 even though it is showing as being operated by 78J...

Comment

An issue with my booking as well. Paid and pre-selected seats on the old app, but when I tried using the new app to change my seats, it asked me to pay for the seat selection again.... and my previous pre-selected seats were deleted when I cancelled the new selection. Another bug in the app upgrade.... (though there is a pleasant bug which I discovered as well hehe)
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I didn't paid for my seats or chosen any seats yet in the first place..
        Does that mean I am lucky since I am allocated 41A and B on a 777-300Er.. which are desirable seats(extra leg room). Or should I ignore the app?
        Last edited by BRANI; 20 June 2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BRANI View Post
          I didn't paid for my seats or chosen any seats yet in the first place..
          Does that mean I am lucky since I am allocated 41A and B on a 777-300Er.. which are desirable seats(extra leg room). Or should I ignore the app?
          I think the website is the (more) accurate one, and there is a glitch in the app, unfortunately...

Comment

Working...
          X