SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2018, 12:18 PM   #1
young
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
Join Date: 02-Oct-2011
Posts: 71
Default Confirmed: SQ to restart SQ21/22 to EWR

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/u...pore-to-return

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...tm_source=hero
young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 12:37 PM   #2
Trent1000
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
Join Date: 27-May-2017
Posts: 73
Default

The schedule, according to ausbt, shows SQ22 departing near midnight and returning in the afternoon as SQ21. It used to be the other way around.
Trent1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 01:10 PM   #3
9V-JKL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
9V-JKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Nov-2006
Posts: 4,516
Default

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg.../ne2018-180530

Link at bottom of press release shows 2013 J seats rather than than 2017 J seats on the new A380
9V-JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 05:04 PM   #4
maestro
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
Join Date: 21-Nov-2014
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
Link at bottom of press release shows 2013 J seats rather than than 2017 J seats on the new A380
Yes, I found that really interesting! I'm perplexed as to why Anyone?
maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 05:44 PM   #5
Trent1000
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
Join Date: 27-May-2017
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Yes, I found that really interesting! I'm perplexed as to why Anyone?
Either to keep the exclusivity on A380 or an admission that the older but wider seat is better for ultra long haul or both.
Trent1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 05:48 PM   #6
9V-JKL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
9V-JKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Nov-2006
Posts: 4,516
Default

The 2017 J seats are too wide to fit into the A350.
5.61m vs 5.92m.
9V-JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 07:16 PM   #7
Short Final
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 15-Jun-2012
Location: Jakarta
Programs: PPS
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Yes, I found that really interesting! I'm perplexed as to why Anyone?
I don’t think we can assume the pictures are representative of what the end product will be on the ULR
Short Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 08:55 PM   #8
djsflynn
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 16-Nov-2010
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Final View Post
I donít think we can assume the pictures are representative of what the end product will be on the ULR
The ULR will use the same business class seats as the standard A350-900.
djsflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 01:16 PM   #9
Triniflyer
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 03-Mar-2018
Posts: 22
Default

So the JFK to sing remains in tact? I have a booking in oct
Triniflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 01:28 PM   #10
ek&sq
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 23-Jun-2009
Location: SIN/PIT
Posts: 256
Default

Looks like theyíve switched things around with a late night departure from SIN and morning departure from Newark. Iím not sure how many domestic US connections will be possible on the EWR-SIN leg with a 9:45 departure.
ek&sq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 01:35 PM   #11
Short Final
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 15-Jun-2012
Location: Jakarta
Programs: PPS
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek&sq View Post
Looks like theyíve switched things around with a late night departure from SIN and morning departure from Newark. Iím not sure how many domestic US connections will be possible on the EWR-SIN leg with a 9:45 departure.
It was the reverse problem previously on SIN-EWR, something like 11am departure, arriving late afternoon around 4pm, if I remember correctly. Sometimes connections were difficult, depending on to where you were connecting.

Does anyone know what is the main determining factor the determines flight timing for a route like this? Is it the available landing slot into EWR?
Short Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2018, 01:22 AM   #12
SQ22
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2013
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Final View Post
It was the reverse problem previously on SIN-EWR, something like 11am departure, arriving late afternoon around 4pm, if I remember correctly. Sometimes connections were difficult, depending on to where you were connecting.

Does anyone know what is the main determining factor the determines flight timing for a route like this? Is it the available landing slot into EWR?
It was a 12pm departure from SIN, arriving in EWR 18 hours later at 6pm ET (without DST). I remember I joined a long queue at dinnertime to have my passport stamped, before being whisked off to New York City, back in 2006/7.
SQ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 02:21 PM   #13
Carfield
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 10-Dec-2006
Location: New York
Programs: American AAdvantage, BMI Diamond Club, United Mileage Plus, Northwest WorldPerks, Alaska Airlines
Posts: 2,349
Send a message via AIM to Carfield Send a message via Yahoo to Carfield
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triniflyer View Post
So the JFK to sing remains in tact? I have a booking in oct
Yes SQ has no plan to cancel the JFK flights! The article mentions it.
Carfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 06:58 PM   #14
hybridace101
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 10-Mar-2010
Posts: 247
Default

I have not seen the C seats up-front but aren't the 2013 seats themselves (not including the 'peripheral' or 'storage' areas) wider?
hybridace101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 10:46 PM   #15
hybridace101
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 10-Mar-2010
Posts: 247
Default

Slightly off-topic: isn't SFO further from SIN than LAX is? If so, why is SFO getting a Y-configured A350 and LAX would use the A359ULRs with C- and W-only seats? And why didn't SQ bother to install F seats on such ULR flights?
hybridace101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net