Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dubai for Dubai Marathon 2015 (on Singapore Airlines SQ494/SQ495)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Durian View Post
    Wow, fantastic TR ! 15 degrees, dream running conditions !
    Congrats for the marathon, what time did you clock ?
    So you flew in the day before ? And on a day flight...
    I'll go for the Sydney marathon in September 2015 and will be flying in just the day before on a redeye (Friday night for the race on Sunday morning), am wondering how I can recover
    Opps, just realised I missed this post.

Anyway, I managed to finish within 4 hours (3:58:xx)

Flew on the 21st of Jan, collect race pack on 22nd, marathon on 23rd, flew back at night on 24th (touch down at SIN on 25th).

Even though Dubai is 4 hours behind Singapore, my body clock still continue to use Singapore time, so I woke up quite early in Dubai at around 5-6am (which is like 9-10am in Singapore). That's good because during the day of marathon, I would need to wake up at 4am (8am SG time) to prepare for the marathon at 7am (11am SG time).

Anyway, I just had another full marathon at Taipei on 8th Feb. If you have trained enough, recovery shouldn't take too long. All the best for Sydney marathon!
    Last edited by orionmiz; 14 February 2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
      Opps, just realised I missed this post.

Anyway, I managed to finish within 4 hours (3:58:xx)
      Very impressive timing, orionmiz!

How was your Taipei marathon? I am sure the Taipei route had more hills, twists and turns than the straight Dubai route!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        Very impressive timing, orionmiz!

How was your Taipei marathon? I am sure the Taipei route had more hills, twists and turns than the straight Dubai route!
        More than half of the distance we are running along the Keelung river, which does not have much slope.

The rest were along the roads and highway, so the only slopes are those slopes up the highway.

Yup, the route definitely has more turns. I think Dubai roads are rather straight. Even most of the Dubai metro red line tracks are rather straight too.

Comment

Working...
        X